Cant get enough of Christmas this year!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ohholymoley Posts: 2150
Is it just me, or is anyone else just dying to put up their Christmas tree and decorations!!! Nothing like having the tree lit, the fire going and the candles lit, watching a movie and snuggled on the couch!!..I am such a sucker for Christmas!!!
lux Posts: 6270
Me too! I think after everything that's happened this year we need it more than ever. We get a real tree and I can't wait to go pick it out, I would love to have it up for 1 December but I think tomorrow two weeks will have to do. Getting a wreath today for the appt door and that will be up Nov 30 at midnight.
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
Am sorely tempted to put mine up next friday to coencide with the toy show!! Might just be able to hold off until the 3rd though.
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
I'm putting up a wreath this year too - I presume you can get a real one? Would it last for the Christmas?
lux Posts: 6270
[quote="Bonnie Parker":2c2p7lo6]I'm putting up a wreath this year too - I presume you can get a real one? Would it last for the Christmas?[/quote:2c2p7lo6] If its in oasis and you keep the oasis moist it will. My mum makes a real one with stuff from the garden and it lasts the month, sometimes she replaces bits and keeps the leaves sprayed with water.
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
[quote="lux":rkqur1c3][quote="Bonnie Parker":rkqur1c3]I'm putting up a wreath this year too - I presume you can get a real one? Would it last for the Christmas?[/quote:rkqur1c3] If its in oasis and you keep the oasis moist it will. My mum makes a real one with stuff from the garden and it lasts the month, sometimes she replaces bits and keeps the leaves sprayed with water.[/quote:rkqur1c3] Thanks Lux. I love the idea of a real wreath & a big red bow on my green door! But that green oasis stuff reminds me of Art classes in school! Think I'll have to rethink.
Twirl Posts: 5598
I didnt know the late late toy show was on next week :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll cannot wait. I love Christmas, cannot wait to get the decorations up. I bought 2 little snowmen weeks ago to sit on the edge of my hall table. I buy snowmen of some sort every year :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Always feel like the house is so cosy with all the decorations up.
Sorry, just realised I posted this twice,The doorbell went when I was posting the 1st one, didnt realise I actually sent it already and wrote another one...so apoligies!! I think the reason I am so anxious to get the tree and decorations up every year, is because I work in retail and as a result work crazy hours over the Christmas, and then sale the day after St Stephans day, I just never get to sit in and enjoy them!! I want to put them up now!!! :o)ll :o)ll
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Was just thinking the other day I can't wait to get the tree up. We were burning logs in our fire last week and one of them gave off a real Christmassy smell - it was so nice. We always get a real tree too - really looking forward to getting the house all festive!
Stupidsexyflanders, I love that smell too...real christmas scent!!!