cant.keep.eyes open

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aylala Posts: 3673
girls im wrecked tired today. Am drinking loads of water went for a wallat lunchtime and had a small lunch so i wouldn't feel too full and i cant keep my eyes open here
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I know it's of little consolation, but that horrible tiredness does go away in a few weeks time. The only thing for the moment is to get as much rest as you can ... I was falling asleep after dinner most evenings for an hour, and then going to bed by 10pm! It's the kind of tiredness though that sleep doesn't seem to get rid of, but once you get past the first trimester, you do tend to get a bit of energy back. Hang in there! :wv
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
For the last week I've been exhausted, although today I feel normal again and that is after getting up very early. Hope I don't collapse later. As the above poster said it seems to be a first trimester thing...just take care of yourself.
thanks girls i was full of life the other day :o0 ah well its home early for me and hopefully get a cat nap in :wv
babybuttons Posts: 886
i agree the tiredness does go away. its horrible being that tired that u cant function. but it will ease up in a few weeks and u will be full of life. and at least its a lovely reason to be tired. your carrying your little baby :o)ll
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll still cant get my head around it all its actually happening. To us. Its amazing :o)ll
octbride2007 Posts: 774
I know what you mean Aylala...still a bit surreal for me. I fell asleep on a train in the Uk last week for over a half hour during rush hour...never did anything like that before. :eek
decbaba Posts: 25
I know the feeling too, have never felt tiredness like it! Im sleeping on the bus both to and from work and then can just about make it to the couch after dinner for another nap and eventually giving in and going to bed by ten!!
phananta Posts: 330
I thought the tiredness was never going to leave me - had this idea that as soon as I hit 12 weeks the sickness, tiredness etc would magically disappear - they didn't! But thankfully this week I feel back to my old self and it's fantastic - I can actually have a bit of a life again instead of spending all my time with my best friend, the sofa! So just to let you know it may feel like you'll never have energy again, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! :wv In the meantime, don't try and fight it too much, have naps, chill out, and don't worry too much about housework etc - you can justify it to yourself by thinking that in a few months we will no longer have the luxury any more of being able to spend all evening watching back to back episodes of everybody loves raymond! :-8