Cant stand the F - ing ITCH - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsVanDeKamp Posts: 628
Get yourself some La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume AP. It's new out and is flippin amazing. DS has eczema and has been having a flare up on his legs that his usual LRP Lipikar wasn't clearing, bought the cream this morning and put it on before his nap, when he woke up his rash was all but gone....also put it on his chin where he had drool rash....gone. I was googling it this afternoon and the reviews are amazing. It doesn't say there is an anti itch ingredient in it but one review I saw said that she had itchy legs and that within a few miutes of applying the itch had gone. It's €12.50 for 100ml and is old in chemists. It's worth a try rather than waiting til your next doctors appointment.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Thanks ladies. I was worse in the morninng time and evenings and thankfully this morming I am a lot better, only a small amount of ithcing and I can resist tearing the skin off myself! I had reflexology last night and I felt GREAT after it. So I have booked myself to another session of that for next week. Its unreal what she can tell you about yourself from your feet. ohsotired - I think the steroids were to stop the itch primarily with the added benefit of maturing the lungs "just in case". I got my bloods done in the hospital last week so I wonder will anything show on them?
babyforus Posts: 1619
Hi jeidi, It is a specific test. I got itchy feet and hands a couple of days before ds was born a little early. They did test when I went into hosp to have him (was due to have blood test but went into labour in mean time) and my liver levels were high.
dea aveta Posts: 254
[quote="Jeidi":1i87gcfc]Well girls, he gave me steroids to mature the babys lungs - as if there was a chance that the baby might come prematurely, the lungs wouldnt be mature enough. I have to go back on Monday afternoon, and hopefully the steroids will have put an end to the itch aswell. Between this and everything else I feel like going home and crying :weep[/quote:1i87gcfc] Hi Yonex How did you get on in the Doctor. I've developed the same thing and it's driving me INSANE O:| O:| O:| I got tested for cholostasis on Friday but that came back negative so the hospital are saying it's PUPPPS. I bought some bread soda on the way to work to try in the bath tonight, am on 1% hydrocortisone cream twice and day and Pirotin but it's not making any difference. What were you advised to take? Did anything work? I'm sitting here at my desk looking like I've got fleas!!!!!! agghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi dea Aveta, I am actually just off the phone to the doctor. I finished the course of steroids yesterday (hey at least the babies lungs should be mature now!) and on saturday it was so bad that DH wanted me to go to the caredoc. Doctor is going to ring me in a prescription - I think the he said of anti histamine but God knows if it will so any good. Until Saturday/Sunday I didnt have any rash, it was just pute itchy but last night and this morning I had a rash on my arms and hands. See the thing is, it goes away during the day and my skin looks great and the rash will come back then at night time. Its really strange and I feel like its not that bad if I dont have the rash 24/7 - its like I am making the whole thing up, so I took photos of it on my phone last night :)
[quote="Jeidi":1ze1pzew]Hi dea Aveta, I am actually just off the phone to the doctor. I finished the course of steroids yesterday (hey at least the babies lungs should be mature now!) and on saturday it was so bad that DH wanted me to go to the caredoc. Doctor is going to ring me in a prescription - I think the he said of anti histamine but God knows if it will so any good. Until Saturday/Sunday I didnt have any rash, it was just pute itchy but last night and this morning I had a rash on my arms and hands. See the thing is, it goes away during the day and my skin looks great and the rash will come back then at night time. Its really strange and I feel like its not that bad if I dont have the rash 24/7 - its like I am making the whole thing up, so I took photos of it on my phone last night :)[/quote:1ze1pzew] That's reassuring that you've had the steroids. Yeah, mine came and went at the start but is now a permanent fixture. I'm in with my consultant tomorrow and might ask her to refer me to a dermatologist. From what I have read online you can get stronger cortisone steroids in tablet form . There is no way I can do another 13 weeks of this. I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on. For now, I'll just have to scratch on.....seriously though. I think my work colleagues think I have fleas!!!! :duh:
Best of luck now, looking forward to hearing how you get on. How long have you had it for now? I just have mine under a week at this stage, I presume the rash will get permanant in the next few days so?
I have it a week today but it's only gotten really unbearable since Friday. I definitely had the rash first before the itching started so we may very well have different things.
Dh picked up my perscription yesterday and said the pharmacsie said to take one a day and always before bed as they will make me very drowsey. They are phenergan. I took one at 7pm, and I was joking saying I'd have to got o bed at 7:30 (I love my bed!). Jesus girls, I was WHACKED. Felt all tingly and exciteable and I couldnt even hold my book in bed to read it. Took me ages to settle. Felt horrible to be honest. Did anyone else ever take these?
Hi Jeidi I'm just back from my hospital visit. My consultant took one look at my arms and took out her prescription book! I'm on Prednisolone for 6 days. It's a steroid. ( quite possibly the one you were put on first?). She said that if this didn't work that she would refer me immediately to the dermatologist as it could be dangerous to take this steroid for a prolonged period. She did say she doesn't think I have PUPPPS though as I don't have the rash on my stomach and that it most likely is severe hormonal dermatitis. I had a bath in about 1/2 a packet of bread soda last night. I was in the bath for 45 mins and although I didn't feel much relief IN the bath. I got about 2 hours of itch free bliss when I dried off I also have the Aveeno moisturising lotion with menthol which is quite soothing and good for a quick fix during the day in work. My consultant also recommended using Head and Shoulders Classic shampoo as a shower/body wash. Whatever is in it is supposed to be good for rashes. It is possibly the WORST thing I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!