Car Break Ins

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SunnyK Posts: 3834
Girls wait till I tell you what happened.... Went to the park with 2 of my friends last night to do our Couch to 5k.....had a bad enough day in work but said sure a bit of exercise can only help. So meet them and we threw our bags in the boot and lock the car and go off on our jog. Half hour later we get back and are doing our stretches and one of the girls says I'll just get my phone out of your boot.....so we go to the boot.....her brand new Samsung Galaxy Ace phone - GONE.....my 4 week old I phone 4 - GONE, my Guess watch from my bag - GONE, my hair straightener - GONE.....the locks on my car - F*CUKED!!!! Then we are standing there going oh holy God and some other couple come back to their car and start shouting....their window had been put in and then their stuff stolen too!! So off to the police we go - nothing they can do except take the details for an insurance claim so now trying to claim through car insurance for the bits and bobs but that won't cover the phones, claiming on my home insurance for the i phone and trying to get the locks fixed!! The Guarda told us they are doing it in park car parks all over the country so be SO careful what you leave in your car and if you are leaving stuff in the boot put it there before you get to the park cos they are just sitting watching waiting.
mellowmood Posts: 433
God that is terrible. This is happened to a family friend in Glendalough, the guards say they are watching a fair bit away with binoculars so you wouldn't even see them around. Hope it doesn't cost too much to get your locks fixed.
circus123 Posts: 379
that's awful sunny k , such scumbags out there. hope you get sorted out with your insurance soon. thanks for the warning. it's always good to keep reminding ourselves to be vigilant :thnk
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Sunnk K where abouts was this so people can know to avoid or be extra careful?
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
sunnyk.. thats terrible! hope your home ins comp is better than mine.. as when i lost my iphone 4, i was advised that they dont cover phones
It was in Castletown Park in Celbridge, raging as it was a lovely spot to go for a jog but apparently it's rampant there at the moment. Have been on to my home insurance and they said that as I'd added it as a seperate item that it should be ok so fingers crossed! I only got the phone 4 weeks ago cos my old I phone was stolen with my bag out in town one night! I'm due a bit of luck girls - better buy a lotto ticket :)
Sweet8 Posts: 1285
Oh God! That's horrible SunnyK. :action32 How did they get into the boot?
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Oh god SunnyK! What a horrible thing to happen!
Sweet8 I've no idea what they did - there are big mucky footprints on my car's back seat so I think they got in the front then pulled the back seat down to get into the boot. Had an overnight bag with me as was staying at a friends and they rifled through that and left the jeans and all thrown on the back seat....was horrible then thinking of them going through my knickers and all :-8 Then today got told I've to pay the first 300 euro of the charge to fix the locks - Grrrr!!
t2be2012 Posts: 718
This is happening everywhere a girl in work left her phone on view two weeks ago and they smashed her window in to get it and took about €15 euro from her car too!! then was chatting to my hair dresser last week and she does mobile hairdressing went down the beach for a walk came back and her car had been robbed they took everything all her equipment she was raging but again they were on view so the guards basically told her she was asking for it another car had been robbed in the car park too!! her insurance wont cover the theft as the items were on view so whatever you do put stuff in the boot or under a seat else insurance wont pay out!!! hope yor insurance gives you a new phone sunny!!!!