Car Hire in France

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blondiechick Posts: 1641
Anyone got any recommendations as to who to go with?? I just phoned Hertz and they are [b:1b3dbrmf]very[/b:1b3dbrmf] expensive. Also, I need a child seat. It says on all the websites that they more or less cannot guarantee that there will be a child seat available even if you book? If that's the case I will have to bring our own. Does anyone know does Aer Lingus charge extra to bring a car seat (not the rock-a-tot type...my DD is 15 months old).
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Have you tried Hertz via the Ryanair Website?? I've hired cars this way a number of times and found it very good and reliable as well as the cheapest each time. Baby / child seat also available as an add on option.
blondiechick Posts: 1641
Thanks, I am flying aerlingus. Tried hertz through the aer lingus website. They are much, much more expensive than other car hire companies.
pinkpeonies Posts: 462
carhire3000 are pretty good, but like most car rental companies the earlier you book the cheaper you will get it
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Have you tried Sixt? They can have some excellent deals sometimes (just watch out for how many kilometers are included in the package, they can screw you on that sometimes). Can't advise on the child seat, sorry.