Car Park prices!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sodapop Posts: 3220
Was pretty shocked last night - I was picking my sister up from the hospital and I was literally in and out of there in 10/15 mins - it cost me €2.30. I really thought it would be free (like 15mins for free or something - it was more like a set down). A lady in front of me was there for 5 mins and she paid the same. (we spoke about it) You would think they would allow for people just being dropped off/collected?? I think car parking is a total rip off as it is but didn't expect that at a hospital. You can't very well make someone walk from the main road in etc... You would have to park as close as possible to the front door!!
Shooting Star Posts: 83
I know it's crazy! I remember I was at my brother's match before and he was knocked out in a tackle, came too a few minutes later but was a bit dazed so I brought him up to Tallaght hosp just to check him out after a head injury, parked the car rushed him in was there practically for the night forgot all about paying for the friggin parking had to ring my friend to pop up to me with money had no money with me in the rush up to the hosp!! Now I keep €20 in my car hidden for those just in case moments!! :-8
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
Is there not a set down area? I thought most hospitals had these days?
Jawl Posts: 8881
I'd say they've probably risen, being public sector. I work in the same sector and we are being charged for car parking now too.
Sodapop Posts: 3220
No set down area at this hospital - you drive in underground and you immediately get a ticket, no access for the public otherwise...
Shooting Star Posts: 83
I don't know in Tallaght if there is but I was going in with my brother! :wv
Elphaba Posts: 741
I think a good few hospitals now have their parking run by private operators, hence the crazy prices. I know Beaumont do a deal if you're in there for an extended period of time.
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
Wow - thats a bit mad! In our main hospital in Galway, the first 20 minutes is free - ideal for people like yourself just collecting someone.