Car parks in town

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SunnyK Posts: 3834
Hi girls, I'm going out in town on Friday night around the Stephen's green area... dinner around Clarendon st and to Harry's on the green afterwards. I'm not drinking so was going to drive in but the cost of paying by the hour if I'm out for about 6 hours will probably be crazy and more than getting a cab so was thinking about the overnight options. Does anyone know if the car parks around there (RSCI etc) stay open all night so that I could pay the overnight rate to get it cheaper but just leave the car park at about 2am or so? Thanks for any help! :thnk
polly inn Posts: 178
Would you park on the street? I usually park on that street where the RCSI entrance is or one around there. It'd be free then.
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
Stephen's Green Shopping Centre is open 24 hours and €5 to park from 5pm to 9am. http://www.stephensgreen.com/parking.php
hestia Posts: 2368
Carpark down by the Four Courts on the Quays behind that service station is cheap. Fiver over night after 6pm. Yer only man.
Thanks ladies - a fiver is for nothing! I could try for on street parking too but the chances of getting it might be slim.
hestia Posts: 2368
Just re-read Rocksie's. Seriously? That's a grand job. Always thought they charged a small internal organ.
Yeah, they used to I think, but we've used them a few times recently. Dead handy.
[quote="Rocksie80":2g1vitlj]Yeah, they used to I think, but we've used them a few times recently. Dead handy.[/quote:2g1vitlj] Rocksie is that the same one as the RCSI one? I just came across this: http://www.q-park.ie/ie/parking-with-q- ... e-of-surge What would it be like in the early hours for walking back to my car do you think - might need someone to walk me back if it's a bit quiet and deserted?
That's the same place. We've never prebooked for the fiver, but paid the €6 when we got there. It's a bit quiet walking up there at night, and I've always had DH with me. I'd probably go on my own, and leg it up the last wee bit, but would be no harm to have a couple of friends walk you.
Thanks Rocksie - reckon I'll go in there so - v handy for where I'll be out etc. :thnk :thnk :thnk