Car Registration

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
Anyone know how long it should take to get the registration doccument back when you buy a car? I'm sure last time I got it back in about a week but I still havent got mine & I can't go & tax the car! Also - do the registration people send me on the tax form or what do I have to do - the tax ran out at the end of January but I didn't buy it till the middle of march
clucky Posts: 26471
my hubby is in the same boat he is waiting 3 weeks now for his and the tax ran out in december - when the form comes bring it down to tax office and they have blank forms there
Ah right - thanx Clucky, I'm on hold with the registration people now - first time in the last few days that..... Scratch that - I just got through & they received my doccuments yesterday so I can tax the car from tomorrow, she said to go to the tax office & they'll give me a rf100a form. Does that sound right?
survivor Posts: 2507
Took me a week this time last year to get it but the system has obviously slowed down if Clucks hubby is still waiting.
grumpy Posts: 1280
It took me 4 weeks to get mine back in December/January, not surprising at that time of year though. Knockers - to avoid paying back tax, you'll need to get a Garda to sign the off the road part of the form (you can get the forms from garda stations too).
thanx for the tip grumpy!
Little Miss Silly Posts: 457
I did that once with the car parked outside the garda station O:o)