Car Swap

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ladysheba Posts: 88
Hi All, I am looking to know if anyone has ever heard of swapping cars ? I have a 1.6 Black Toyota Corolla - 3 door sporty model with alloys and am looking to swap for a diesal car or a lower model due to increasing driving demands for work and increasing petrol!! If anyone has any ideas on this topic or suggestions you might let me know cheers xx
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I haven't done it myself but a friend's BIL has done it a few times. I think if you go on to DoneDeal etc you might come across it....if you have no luck I'll ask her about it!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
I haven't come across any offical car swap website but I have seen a few ads on DoneDeal that will swab or trade for another car.. I would imagine it would be unlikely that someone would want to swap a newer car for an older one though, and there is a lot of people changing from petrol to diesel now as its cheaper to run.... But good luck anyway!
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
On the changing from petrol to diesel thing, I wouldn't go that way myself. Diesel may be cheaper, but diesel engines are more expensive to look after and fix if they break. Also there is a lot of dirty diesel around these days messing up peoples engines, you do have to be very careful where you buy it and I would be very reluctant to buy or take on a second hand diesel due to not knowing how careful the owner may have been about where they get their diesel.