Card for making invites - help

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ClaireT1981 Posts: 510
I am going to be making my own invites and i am currently looking for any advise on card/paper. Was looking at ordering Centura card but have read some reviews that it doesn't print well. Can anyone recommend some good card/paper for invites? Looking to keep it as cheap as possible. thanks
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
I bought pre-cut 5” x 7” cards with envelopes from Cardznscrapz.com for €8 a packet for 50, it has a lovely pearlescent finish. Printed on a big printer (one that needs toner not cartridges) and I would say it worked out as cheap as some people I know who are cutting the card themselves and making their own envelopes. Something like this but bigger http://cardznscrapz.com/Card-Envelope-I ... Packs.html
C13 Posts: 289
Depending on where you're based, if it so happens to be Cork where I'm based myself, then the likes of Cork Art Supplies is good or Vibes & Scribes on Bridge St has an insane amount of craft stuff! the cost of packets of those pre scored cards is great and believe me, coming from a crafter and cardmaking person, they make life a lot easier! I'm going for a box style invite myself which i sourced from the handcrafted card company in the UK. If you fancy just getting plain pearlescent card at good prices to cut and score yourself then i would recomment the paper mill shop. I used to stock up when on trips to see relatives in Belfast but alas they closed the shop :weep although i did find their website. you should give that a try cos they have offers where you can buy an A4 sized box of card for £5 and that would more than cover you invite wise believe me! check out those few ideas anyway or diywedding.ie they're good enough too and have a section for recession busting invites from €1 upwards i think! good luck with them!
amthee Posts: 688
I was going to go down the route of buying card and scoring it myself until I found a shop on ebay called DIY wedding stationary. A pack of 50 envelopes and 50 square invites 150 mm x 150 mm hammer square cards were €12.50. For the sake of trying to find envelopes to match the card and the time spent scoring the cards I thought it was great value as I need 130 invites. I am having the cards sent to a friend in the UK as it would be sent by courier to Ireland and cost €30 because of the weight (150 invites). I should have the cards at the weekend if you want some feeback. I also bought ribbon on ebay and plan on getting adhesive diamantes too. It really is alot cheaper then paying a printer for invites!
candlequeen Posts: 991
+1 for CardznScrapz, also check out Simplyelegance.ie - have bought a few bits from them and their service is great.