Care pressie???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Drummerswife Posts: 3497
My friend has to undergo a big operation on her eye and I want to make up a small package for her to say "good luck/get we'll soon" but need inspiration as to what to put in. She will have to wear an eye patch and I'd say her eyes will be sore so can't see her reading or anything like that. So far I have an angel, some chocolates, was thinking if an audio book. Any other ideas????
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
How about a nice moisteriser? I know when I had been in hospital my skin felt awful afterwards. Or some body butters or something? I was going to suggest candles but those could irritate her eye. You are a very thoughtful friend. Hope she recovers well.
Ooohhh thanks Carolina I love that idea and we both have a love of lip balms so will get one if those. I can be when I think of it she went through a tough time at the beginning if the year and with the wedding and that I just wasn't there enough :-(
kila2008 Posts: 678
Personally, when I'm sick in any way, I love stuff like fleecy PJs, fluffy socks, a nice fluffy hot water bottle, etc. and I can NEVER have too much chocolate (even when I'm sick, I usually manage to keep that down ;-) )
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
That's a really nice idea. I'd second the comfy pjs and slippers and plenty of chocolate. Maybe a nice big mug too for extra large cups of tea. Moisturiser would be lovely too coz hospitals really dry you out!
Nostress Posts: 1606
How about baking a nice cake or cooking a casserole or something like that.... I LOVE cooking but hate it when I am sick
Thanks guys. Liking the fluffy pjs and socks idea too. Thanks nostress she still lives with her mammy so won't have to cook when she's out of action otherwise a good idea.
Mad Mod Posts: 1079
Bath stuff? She mightn't want to use the shower if she has to leave the patch on.