Carlisle Gym - trainer

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

R2theB Posts: 1660
Can anyone recommend a personal trainer in Carlisle who's reasonable and good? Am already a member here so don't want to fork out for anywhere else. I have over a year until the big day but want to start a fitness regime asap so thought a few PT sessions would help get me motivated. Thanks in advance!
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Hi R2theB, I'm not in Carlisle but am in the Lucan one and I know the PT who is now in Lucan used to be in Carlisle. I would have thought there'd be a replacement for him.... are there no posters or signs around the changing rooms etc advertising the service? These are everywhere in the Lucan gym.
Thanks SunnyK, there are loads of ads alright but thought if I could get a suggestion it might narrow it down, have heard that some are better than others. Price is a factor too given I'm starting to save for next year, and I'm not particularly loaded in the first place!
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Ahhhh I see - in the Lucan gym there are all the normal guys who work there and do the normal programmes then there is just the one guy who works for himself like and he does all the PT sessions. I paid him 40 quid about 2 months ago and got an hour and a half with him, he went through diet etc and everything I'd been doing up till then and then gave me a new plan involving a lot more weights and less cardio. I actually should go back to him again soon and change up the routine a bit again. It is expensive enough but worth it I think if you see the results. Best of luck :thnk
Thanks a million Sunny K, good to get an idea of the prices, the woman at reception in the gym wasn't too helpful!!