Carlton Abbey Hotel - Athy???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fluffy dice Posts: 79
Tibby Posts: 346
hi fluffy dice. Havent been to a wedding there but used their spa. AMAZING. And staff very friendly.Was interested myself but as my parents are getting on a bit it was just that little bit too far for us to travel. Deffo go and have a look :wv :wv
BBS Posts: 405
Hi fluffy dice. We booked here when our original venue went up for sale. 2 weeks later original venue came off market so went back to them. We lost our deposit at carlton abbey. The only reason we didn't stay with them was we wanted a small wedding and thought there room was too big for us. Other than that we had no faults and there weding package is great. plus it's v reasonable for a 4 star. We are actually staying there tomorrow night free of charge as I wangled it out of them for not giving us back deposit! Don't know anyone whos been to a wedding there but loads of friends stayed there and said staff and food and accomadation fantastic. Go for it!
BBS Posts: 405
I think because there newish they will go all out for you. We met the duty manager Alan and he was brilliant.He'd had a wedding the night before and he sounded like he's had a good a time as they did!The bridal suite is amazing too witha jacuzzi on the balcony.
billygate Posts: 952
kip!! and poor customer service!!
Tibby Posts: 346
fluffy dice its far far from being a so called kip so dont worry about it. When are you planning getting married? im oct 08 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
naru Posts: 137
We visited the hotel, and thought it was nice and the staff were v. friendly, I thought the rooms were lovely, however we ended up going with the Clanard Court Hotel