Carnation Bouquet..opinions please.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

JellySnakes Posts: 2201
Hello ladies, i'm thinking of going with carnations for my bouquet and bms. I am having a cabury purple for my bm dresses and i would prefer colour in my bouquet. I met with florist last week and the carnation really stood out for me i just liked it! Now i know alot of people would consider the carnation to be cheap , so im looking for your opinions, the 1st pic is my favourite,[attachment=2:1dqampq5]carnations.jpg[/attachment:1dqampq5][attachment=1:1dqampq5]carnation-bouquets.jpg[/attachment:1dqampq5][attachment=0:1dqampq5]lavendar_bouquet.jpg[/attachment:1dqampq5] what do ye think?
lux Posts: 6270
I love the first one but the third one even more! Don't be worrying about them looking cheap, I know people who've spent hundreds on flowers and those who bought some in Tescos and made them up the night before and I would not know the difference. I'm torn between silk and real at the moment, I thought I'd get silk, then that I'd make up the bouquets. However, a few things have come in under budget and now I'm thinking it would be great to just have the flowers (two bouquets only, not bothering with buttonholes or parents' flowers) delivered on the morning, ready to go. Third one is fab! Love the purple too, its OH fav colour so I;m thinking of it for my own flowers.
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
Gorgeous :lvs
Thanks for the reply Lux and Oileanbride. The more i look at the pics i am leaning towards no.3 a bit more,i'm not 100% decided yet but at least i have an idea. I am definitley going with a shade of purple as it is my favourite colour. Would you mix up the colour for the bms or just have one colour?The original pic that the florist showed me was a block of colour, i had to ask her what type of flower it was i couldn't tell! I had thought about silk flowers but my mam wouldn't stop going on about how i had to have real blah blah blah :o0 :o0 so i gave in! Other than that i think i would have gone with them.
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
They're all beautiful but my preference is for the first one, particularly love the little white flowers in the bouquet on the left. You've given me an idea now :thnk
lux Posts: 6270
[quote="JellySnakes":30k2jjfk]Thanks for the reply Lux. The more i look at the pics i am leaning towards no.3 a bit more,i'm not 100% decided yet but at least i have an idea. I am definitley going with a shade of purple as it is my favourite colour. Would you mix up the colour for the bms or just have one colour?The original pic that the florist showed me was a block of colour, i had to ask her what type of flower it was i couldn't tell! I had thought about silk flowers but my mam wouldn't stop going on about how i had to have real blah blah blah :o0 :o0 so i gave in! Other than that i think i would have gone with them.[/quote:30k2jjfk] My mum is a bit the same...........then follows it up by saying "Of course its not my wedding" :o0 . Do you mean having different colours of purple for BM bouquet? I'm only having one BM and I plan on hers being the "reverse" of mine, ie mine will have different purple shades with some cream and hers will be cream with a little bit of different purples, if that makes sense? I do want mine to be different, if I had more than one BM I'd really want mine to stand out.
Sorry i am so bad at explaining things :-8 Would you the bouquets like the 1st pic or have brides bouquet different shades of purple and bms all the one colour(purple-lilac), like the 2nd pic?
Bellisima Posts: 3583
First picture is my favourite, think they look fab, always thought Id pick roses but they are fab! Oileanbride, welcome back!! :babydust:
wifeyguest Posts: 54
lovely bouquets i am a wedding florist but also planning my own wedding for the bride i would go with the mixed light pink, lilac and purple carnation (there is a carnation the same colour as cadbury purple) add in maybe 3-5 roses (amisea a lilac rose) then for bridesmaid just do carnations no roses this will still be cost effective. Gerbera is also a very cost effective bouquet you will find that sometimes the fresh can be as cheap as the silk but we do get some amazing silk bouquets hope this helps i have tried to add photos but cant O:|
[quote="guest2be":103a3rix]lovely bouquets i am a wedding florist but also planning my own wedding for the bride i would go with the mixed light pink, lilac and purple carnation (there is a carnation the same colour as cadbury purple) add in maybe 3-5 roses (amisea a lilac rose) then for bridesmaid just do carnations no roses this will still be cost effective. Gerbera is also a very cost effective bouquet you will find that sometimes the fresh can be as cheap as the silk but we do get some amazing silk bouquets hope this helps i have tried to add photos but cant O:|[/quote:103a3rix] Thanks a million for the advice :thnk