Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & Acupuncture

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sherwood Posts: 737
Hi ladies, I'm looking for some advice. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and suffering from Carpal Tunnel Sydrome in my fingers. It mostly effects the three middle fingers on my right hand and in particular the middle finger. It has pins and needles 24/7 and by the end of each day it is extremely uncomfortable and sore. I was wondering if acupuncture would help with this, I'd appreciate any advice ye might have.
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
I've no experience of using acupuncture for it, but have you tried wearing a wrist splint at night? Some people with CTS find this very helpful.
Thanks Flower Girl, my wrists aren't hurting at all, its just the pins and needles and the feeling of rawness in my fingers. Do you think a splint would still help?
Kaniela Posts: 458
I suffer from cts in both hands at the minute.. have had it in my right since I was about 23/24 weeks, the other started at about 28 weeks.. I too was thinking of acupuncture and asked around and I got more negative feedback than positive so I decided against it. I do however wear wrist splints every night when I'm in bed and even if I have a nap during the day.. the tips of my fingers are still a little numb but nothing like they used to be, pins and needles are gone and I used to get a pain up my arm to my shoulder, thats gone too.. If I don't wear the splints all these will bother me the following day..
Thanks for that Kaniela. Can I ask, where did you get the splints?
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
[quote="sherwood":3emxq03w]Thanks Flower Girl, my wrists aren't hurting at all, its just the pins and needles and the feeling of rawness in my fingers. Do you think a splint would still help?[/quote:3emxq03w] The pins and needles are caused by pressure on a nerve that runs down the arm and into the hand. The splints keep the wrist in a position that keeps pressure off the nerve, if you know what i mean. I'd say you'd get one in somewhere like Boots?
I got mine in boots.. e25 each but well worth it.. would be lost without them.
Thanks a million ladies, I'll pop into boots tomorrow. Can't stand the feeling in my fingers any longer!
I hear ya! I've had it that long now I think it'll feel strange when I get full feeling back!
MiniBlingfor2012 Posts: 673
Kaniela, I have this the last 2 weeks especially at night but during the day too and think I may get something to try and help at this stage. In work it is harder to type as I feel I have fat finger syndrome going on. Quick one, the wrist splints what do they look like? I was down in Boots at lunch and they gave me wrist support things like a tight bandage for your wrist but doesn't go down onto your hand. Can you remember the name of them or even describe them to me? Thanks!