Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lady Di Posts: 2487
Hi guys did any of you or are any of you suffering with this? It kicked in about a week ago but has got really bad since yesterday. Even woke me up and kept me awake last night. I have a wrist support on one of my hands but think I'll have to get one for the other hand too. Any one any miracle things that worked for them? None of the advise on the net is helping, except maybe to try splinting my wrists?
NotHere Posts: 10273
I don't know what Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is? :-8 Is it like a repetitive strain thingy?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Ive no idea either you poor thing
Its when a nerve in your wrist and hands gets pressed on and leads to no feeling and pain in your wrists and hands! Its a bitch!!
A bunny?? I said a bold word and bunny came up!!?? :o0 :o0
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="Lady Di":jijni9lw]A bunny?? I said a bold word and bunny came up!!?? :o0 :o0[/quote:jijni9lw] :yelrotflmaosmilie: its so funny when you first read your reply how awful must be annoying
chilledout Posts: 834
I got it mildly during my pregnancy. I've no miracle cures I'm afraid. All I can say is it does go away eventually. Think DS was about 3 months when it went totally. Sorry I'm no help!
Oh god chilledout I thought it went straight away :weep Was really really bad last night, I was nearly crying (combination of tiredness as well I think as I couldn't sleep with it!) When its at its worst I don't know if I'd be capable of lifting a baby :eek
redb Posts: 347
Seriously pet - GET TO AN ACUPUNCTURIST !!!! I had mine cured by acupuncture whereas the hospital wanted to give me an operation. If you need a reccy, i have one for a fantastic woman in Clontarf, Dublin. in teh meantime, physio can help too. PLEASE PM me if i can help at all. its a bitch, i feel for ya !!
Thanks redb - I have an accupunturist so am going to give him a ring tomor. Its got really bad this weekend and I've a support on each arm so I look really weird!!