Carpet landing & stairs?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Makka Pakka Posts: 620
Hi Has anyone carpet landing and stairs recently? Just wondering roughly how much to put aside for it. A ballpark figure. Too fat and heavily pregnant to face going into carpet shops at moment. Its a rented house so only looking for relatively cheap carpet with underlay and fitting.
Leftbank Posts: 2395
I got carpet 2 yrs ago for those areas and we paid €500. If u are renting though get landlord to pay...
Bluebear Posts: 1594
I was recently quoted €1000+ in one carpet place but apparently TC Matthews offer good deals in around €500. Agree though that your landlord should cover that cost.
nowmrsc Posts: 216
In the likes of bargain town you'll get a decent carpet for approx €300 we just had ours done recently...
Makka Pakka Posts: 620
Thanks guys. Landlord has recently replaced bedroom and sitting room carpets, bought new shed, lawnmower and lots of other bits. He thinks the other carpets are grand, but I hate them. I like the sound of Bargaintown, will give that a google. Never thought of there!
lollisue Posts: 507
We got it done with Des Kelly. Was about 500 but we have a big stairs. Could def get it cheaper with them.
30something Posts: 644
€500 is a lot less than I thought it would cost, but I still think that's mad money to spend on a house you're renting.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
We got ours done before Christmas for €200. It was a guy we found on donedeal. We originally went to him to buy a fireplace but he also did carpets.
craftyPB Posts: 2625
We're in Belfast, but ours were £100....the carpet we chose turned out to be just 4.99 a square metre!