Cast Iron Memorial Benches

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Hey Does anybody know if any place that would make these?
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
dont have a clue but some people buy a bench themselves and then get a special plaque made up for it. in gorey town park there are several cast iron bences with the names of the companies who donated money on them- i could ask the council where they got these made if u like?
Thanks Lexi that would be much appreciated :wv
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Hey Shera, My H2B's Dad got a plaque done up in memory of his Mam to be put on a bench at the graveyard where she's buried. He got it done at Fairyhouse, they have a market there every so often. You could get whatever you want on the plaque and as far as I know they did it there and then, just a few minutes wait. I'm not sure of the price, but I know it certainly wasn't very expensive....I want to say 20 or 30 euro...but again I'm not sure, but it definitely wasn't dear. Maybe google Fairyhouse to see when the next market is on? Anyway, how about getting one of those and then buying an ordinary bench in like Woodies or B&Q? I know my H2B's Dad got a heavy plastic bench in one of those places, it's more hard wearing than wood but much cheaper than a cast iron one and it does the job and looks lovely. I'd say you could probably get a plaque made up even over the Internet....it's just, like weddings, I think things like memorial benches can sometimes be very overpriced cos the seller knows it's for a special thing like...do you know what I mean? So you might be better off buying a cheaper bench and seperate plaque and doing a bit of DIY! I know you posted a few weeks ago about a bereavement in your family so I assume this is for the same person, so my condolences on your loss. Hope you get it sorted. :wv
Hi Smiley Yeah it's for my husband's nephew we are trying to see about getting a memorial bench down by the canal where he drowned, money is no object so we would be happy to go for the iron one so that it will last for a long time, I will defo check out the fairyhouse market cos it's just around the corner from me :wv