Castle Dargan Brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlemrs1 Posts: 157
Just said I would start this thread to see if there are many other Castle Dargan brides out there?! Maybe we could share tips/ideas about venue decor/set-up or anything we heard that works or doesnt work there!! Hope all the planning is going well for everyone!!
gerglack Posts: 36
getting married there feb 22nd, time has flown by!!! there this weekend for menu tasting...can't wait, food there supposed to be YUM!!! when is your big day?
Hi gerglack!Yikes your wedding is just around the corner....bet you are so excited!! How is all the last minute planning going?! Ours is not until next summer-July! So a good while away yet! We dont know many people who have had their wedding there so any info we get is great! I bet you cant wait for the menu tasting. It will be good to hear what you recommend!Im in the middle of trying to look for someone local who might do music for the drinks reception! Seems a shame not to use the piano that is there! Kim has been great to deal with so far-have found the hotel very accomodating!
mrsSweeney Posts: 81
Omg gerglack we have our food tasting on feb 23rd! Were getting married march 15th out there! Investing in some mood lighting from wedding world jus to brighten place up when curtains close it can get a bit dark
Hi Mrs Sweeney!! We are going to get the mood lighting too! But not sure from where! I love it in a room as I think it makes a lovely atmosphere! Im not going to close the curtains at all as I dont like them closed in that room but going to have candles and lanterns lit everywhere so even when it gets dark at night with the candles reflecting on the window panes I think it will look lovely and romantic (I hope!) We went to see a band in a hotel where it was all glass windows-we arrived at 10p.m. and they had candles lit on all tables and along the window ledges and then mood lighting and it was fab! Thats where I got the idea from!
Ya, pretty excited!!! Kim is great, no question is weird to her. When you're there on 23rd me and my whole family will probably be there having dinner to celebrate my parents 40th anniversary at same time. Only criticism I have is when I was there around Xmas the hallway to reception room was really cold with an actual breeze coming from somewhere. Might ask to have curtains closed along there to keep the heat it. What main are you tasting? Trying to justify supplement for salmon and seabass duo...looks yum
Oh, and I remember asking Kim re music during reception drinks, she reckons that people pay out big money on musicians and noone listens...and it can't be heard over all the chatter in the small space!!!
Hi gerglack!!Even though our wedding is not until next year we are going to pay the extra supplements for the salmon and seabass and also the fillet of beef! The fish sounds yum and I am a big fishy person!!What dishes are you tasting at the weekend or do you get to pick a few?! Thats disapointing to hear about the reception music. It probably isnt really heard-you are right! But I still think it can add to the atmosphere..hmm maybe if there is money left at the end !! (and pigs might fly :eek ) Maybe a door or window was open for the draught...good idea to have spotted it now and have the curtains arranged to be closed!! Have you eaten down in the Hotel before the tasting? My parents have eaten there but we havent as of yet!!
Hey littleMrs1 We're definitely having the beef so decided to taste the fish duo, The cod and the chicken. Kim said 3 was fine...With 200+ guests I'd prefer not to do supplement for main...think I would prefer to spend Extra for a choice of starters. Oh decisions decisions. Haven't eaten in restaurant before, had yummy bar food there few times when we visited hotel for different reasons. Will report back to you after. Going to ask Kim re draught, she wasn't there that day and she's always been pretty straight with me. Closed curtains with candles can add nice atmosphere anyway I think
Your right it would look nice on the corridor with them closed especially as it is February so by the time you are going down for the meal it will be getting dark too! As ours is in the summer I feel I cant close the curtains as it would be so bright outside!!! Will be great to hear how your tasting goes! Id love to taste the starters and desserts nearly more than the mains!! What band have you coming? We booked one called Late Nite Radio! Its mad how early you have to book some things in advance! Someone on this site mentioned to me a while ago that they went to a wedding in Castle Dargan and while the food was lovely, setting was great etc they said there were very few canapes-so like you we have 200 so want to ask Kim about that too the next time I see her!Its funny how you can worry about all the little things!!