Castle Durrow similar

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

researcher Posts: 20
Hi Any suggestions on wedding venues for 120 people simalar to c.durrow? Absolutely love C.Durrow but my sister is getting married there so that rules it out! I was hoping for somewhere in Leinster...but can't find anything... Love Carton house-old house-have too many/not available weekends Village at Lyons-loved it but need more accom/want a hotel/country house hotel for our needs (castle durrow would have been perfect!) Killashee orig house-love it-numbers too big! (and too small for thompson suite) Shelbourne-love adams suite-numbers too big-too small for great hall! Wineport-did not like the feel of it-I want something "old world", classic and elegant. Ahhhh....help!
coco11 Posts: 309
I liked all on your list but ruled them out for different reasons Others I liked were Brooklodge, Barberstown, Rit carlton.. We ended up booking Heritage killenard, fell in love with it and suited everything we were looking for,, may be worth a look!!! Good luck with finding the right venue :wv
Littlebo Posts: 2598
Love Carton House ( 2nd choice) but how about Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny? Waterford castle, Faithlegg, Ballyshane, Ballyvarry.
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
Have u looked at Mount Falcon? i know it's not in Leinster but it's gorgeous and the self catering houses on the grounds are brilliant! good luck with the search...
Horetown House Posts: 55
Hello Researcher, I am the wedding co-ordinator at Horetown House in Co. Wexford. While we have only 10bed rooms, which can be perfect for bridal party and parents, we have an extensive list of off site accommodation which is very close by and we can arrange transport to and from. We are a country house, we can cater for up to 110 in house and we have our own traditional pole tent marquee for numbers greater than that. Have a look at our website, www.Horetownhouse.ie and if you would like to email me with your specific requirements, I am sure I could plan your perfect wedding with you. [email protected]
sugarkk Posts: 1384
Definitely don't rule out Killashee - I had 100 at Killashee in the Thompson Suite and it was amazing!! The partition was put up in the middle of the room (which so doesn't look like a partition - absolutely no one could tell), and then put up again between room for dinner and ballroom. The place never looked empty at all - in fact, my aunt thought I'd had 200 at the wedding, not 100 (we're a noisy bunch too!). Definitely give Lisa Garrett at Killashee a shout - it is the most amazing wedding venue (and, no offence to your sister, but much better food than we had at my BIL's wedding in Castle Durrow). PM me if you want any other details...