Cecilia Ahern's book

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shin Posts: 8515
Anyone see they're making a film out of it?? PS I love you I'm wondering though is her success due to who she's related to as opposed to her ability as an author?? anyone read it?
graceface Posts: 3632
Haven't read it myself, but I was told by a friend that she thought while the storyline itself was good, the actual quality of writing in it wasn't great. She thought it was quite childlike or something? Like I said, haven't read it myself tho.
Santa Posts: 1191
I liked it think the simple style of writing suits the story and certainly don't thk who she is wud have got her t deal she got in the states-fair play I say *)
CorkBK2008 Posts: 445
The book is good enough, story is Ok. Her 2nd book was better I thought. H2B got me her 3rd book for my birthday didnt like it at all. About an imaginery friend... But i say fair play to her too. She was lovely on Tubridy Saturday night. *)
dreamer Posts: 3941
Haven't read it either but she did look fab on Tubridy Tonight last Saturday night. She comes across as a nice and intelligient person! Must get it from her mother! Though the clip of Hilary Swank in the movie wouldn't make me rush to see it!
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
read all her books and thought they were very good
Shin Posts: 8515
[quote="dreamer":3h7ux2b5]Haven't read it either but she did look fab on Tubridy Tonight last Saturday night. She comes across as a nice and intelligient person! [b:3h7ux2b5]Must get it from her mother![/b:3h7ux2b5] Though the clip of Hilary Swank in the movie wouldn't make me rush to see it![/quote:3h7ux2b5] :o0 :o0
Valkstar Posts: 2747
I read it last week....it's okay, easy enough to read I suppose. The film is supposed to be pretty bad, based on the reviews I've seen.
rushinbride Posts: 1097
I read PS I love you....i thought it was a lovely book, the film has been released already (since last wk in cork) Also I read her other books and I thought they were shocking, I'm incredibly picky about books, and they were like extra long essay's that an 14 yr old wrote, however, I've friends that read them and thought they were great, I don't personally like her style of writing....and yes I think she has done so well cause of her daddy!!!
2009 Bride Posts: 990
It's only OK, you would read it to pass the time of day but thats about it :wv