Ceili Dancing at reception??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Griffy Posts: 51
just wondering how many of you are having a ceili dancing section to your reception? I know my parents would love it (and I would love it) but not sure how popular it is anymore? Think my in laws to be would have no interest in it...and dont want a half empty dancefloor either with like ten people attempting the Siege of Ennis....whats your opinion on this tradition? Do most people get up and give it a go?
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
I wouldn't be my cup of tea at all, sorry :wv
carlow Posts: 432
any wedding we've been at always had some ceilĂ­ dancing, maybe two dances, great craic
thebrideof2009 Posts: 1416
yea im having bot fifeen dancers do a ten min set... there brilliant but i wouldnt do it longer as people mite get bored if goes on too long ....
blueswallow Posts: 1244
I find either one of two things happen: people who can't do it feel excluded OR people who can't do it try to do it i.e. drunken Riverdance wannabees, and end up injuring someone. BUT it's your day, so if you want it and think you could get the band/DJ to coax and coach people into it, then ...
Twirler Posts: 1644
I've never seen it at any wedding I've been to but it could be a laugh.
Griffy Posts: 51
thanks for all of your opinions on this...I think we will do it ! Didnt think about the band getting involved to build it up and coax people to do it! That should make a difference alright.