Celtic Ross Hotel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Country Bride Posts: 20
Hi All, I am planning on getting married towards the end of 2010 and myself and H2B are currently looking at hotels and we are getting very confused!!! We are looking at the Celtic Ross Hotel in Rosscarbery down in West Cork and just wondering if anyone has any reviews on this hotel as I found it hard to find any reviews on the internet?? Thanks
Film Company of Ireland Posts: 71
Hi, I have done a few weddings there over past year. The most recent was over Christmas and the staff are really nice there. Usually I see some of the behind the scenes stuff because I am doing the video but everything went well the times I have been there. It has a great view from the front too. The room is nice and big too so will hold a large wedding. Hope that helps, Thady.
wouldntseemeinameringue Posts: 777
Hi there. I was at a wedding in the Celtic Ross in August and I have to say, everything was top notch. Food, service etc. Really good size room also. Great location for a wedding reception. Everyone I talked to was saying this. HTH in your decision.
Hi, Thanks for the replies, its very reassuring to see positive comments:) Its such a big decision trying to decide on a hotel especially if you have never tasted the food or been there at a wedding yourself.
come dine with me Posts: 306
hi country bride i just booked that hotel last week for my reception :o)ll never been to a wedding there myself but parents and neighbours have and always good reports. Steven (he's the scottish fella) was soo nice to deal with as well.had been looking in fernhill in clonakilty but just too few rooms in hotel for us. Good luck O-O
Hi DocWho:) When is your wedding? We have been talking to Steve and he does seem very nice to deal with.
come dine with me Posts: 306
End of July 2010, cant wait!! :o)ll :o)ll
tigger08 Posts: 5
Hiya, I was at two weddings last year in the Celtic Ross Hotel. I have to say both times the food was excellent and all the staff were lovely. One of the weddings was in September and the next day sitting outside the bar by the water in the sunshine was just glorious! It has such a lovely setting. Good luck!
Professor Posts: 75
Hi Country Bride, I got married in the Celtic Ross over Christmas and had an amazing day! I was too nervous too take much notice of the food but all my guests were raving about it and how nice the waiting staff were. The hotel was all decorated for Christmas and was gorg- Christmas trees, fires etc. They got a new manager last year, Christopher, and he is brilliant. So relaxed, sound and efficient. Also (randomly) my new Mother-in-law was thrilled with the quality of the sheets and towels in the guestrooms!! The weather was excellent (really sunny but freezing) so that added to the day. I dont know if I will write a wedding report but please dont hesitate to ask me if you want any tips on other suppliers in the area. Good Luck! Professorx
Oh that is great news:), thanks for all the help O-O Professor - I just sent you a PM :thnk