Celvepan-anyone get 2nd shot yet?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wife09 Posts: 873
I have heard so much conflicting stories about this 2nd shot. I was wondering had anyone actually got it yet or been callled for it? :thnk
CCAF Posts: 502
had first shot alright, but was told that i didnt need second shot.
Fairywings Posts: 360
No but I heard this morning through a friend of mine who had her midwife appoint yesterday evening that we are being called back for her 2nd jab. The midwife said they only got the letter yesterday informing them of this. So 3 weeks after your 1st Jab you need to go back for the 2nd.
CCAF Posts: 502
FFS - talk about not knowing whats going on - and i mean at govt level. I think big bird would organise the country better. How the f*ck can they come up with this all of a sudden. I spent ages debating whether to get it or not and when i got it just wanted to forget about it....now might have to go back for another shot O:| O:|
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
[quote="pander":2t9sdgbe]FFS - talk about not knowing whats going on - and i mean at govt level. I think big bird would organise the country better. How the f*ck can they come up with this all of a sudden. I spent ages debating whether to get it or not and when i got it just wanted to forget about it....now might have to go back for another shot O:| O:|[/quote:2t9sdgbe] Well said Pander! I also debated for ages as to getting it or not. Finally made my mind up to get it last week and was told I would not need another shot and now hearing that I will. How can they decided in a week or change their minds. That really worries me now thinking have I made teh right choice and I believe they knew enough about it to be giving it to us in the first place >:o(
love struck Posts: 1125
Hi Just rang my local health centre and they informed me that the the type of vaccine given to me would require 2 vaccines, but if you got the other vacine you dont require a 2nd shoot.. I got the celvpan I think it was called so now I need to go back next week and get a second shoot.. They said they will be calling people this week to tell them, that they only got notification this morning that people needed to come back.. I need to bring me little for hers also and they said they are now administring the other vaccine so she needs to get that one which means she only needs the one injection hope this makes sense to all.. :wv
knockedup Posts: 225
It's on the hse site that you need the second shot. But you have to root around to find it. Agree with other posters re dis organisation. I just booked myself in next week for booster via hse website
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
I got the Celveplan one, not sure I spelt that right. But I got it last week & they told me they may call me back for a 2nd shot but that they werent sure yet.. Do I just wait for their call/letter so or do I make an appt for another one? I can't see them getting around to ringing absolutely everyone....
aston Posts: 4100
Ya should we make appointment for the second shot or wait around for them to send us the letter re second shot???? All this conflicting information is wrecking my head! O:|
mummytime Posts: 3149
I agree. It's all so confusing. I got the vaccine in holles street yesterday and they told me to go to my GP for a second shot in three weeks but i know the gp won't have the clevepan vaccine and when i mentioned this they just told me to ask the gp to recommend another gp who has the clevepan vaccine. Anybody else i know who has recievd the clevepan has been told that they don't need a second shot. Ae we immune after the first shot ( albeit 2 weeks later) or do we need the second shot before nay immunity kicks in?