Chair covers or not

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
O.k I know this is done to death and I said id never get chair covers but most of the weddings Ive been to have chiar covers and the room just looks fab with them,it is an extra unnessary expense but I personally thinks it makes the room extra special. I wouldnt say we have the money as such but I have a weekend job and could save that money for them What do ye think?
mrspants Posts: 4652
Honestly .... yes!! I know they are expensive and seen as a waste but they look amazing and really give a wow factor. Have been at a lot of weddings this year and the one that didn't have them looked very bleak. Now i know i was more interested this year than any other cos of our own wedding. Celebrationz are meant to be very reasonable for them. Our hotel includes them but i would have gotten them otherwise.
Mrs09 Posts: 355
Im getting them from Celebrationz. very reasonable!!. Grace Covers are very good on price too! IMO they make the room but i have been to weddings that had none and alot didnt even notice! :wv
rebelin Posts: 113
If your venue has all matching chairs for the dinner, then there's no real need to get chair covers. Unless of course the chairs are awful looking themselves. I wont be getting them (hotel has all same chairs in a nice navy finish which compliments the navy curtains in the function room), but I do think they are good if you know there are going to be mix and match chairs because that does let the look of a function room down. A lot of people are getting the venue to include chair covers in the package so try do a deal if you do want them!
lcarrick Posts: 1639
No.... no offence to anyone but i hate them.!!! >:o( our hotel have lovely black and gold chairs so dont need to get them!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I think it depends on what the chairs are like in your venue Our wedding was in Durrow castle and they have lovely chairs there and IMO you would not need chaircovers. The chairs in some venue's look like they belong in a conference or something- in which case I would say ye you would need them
chipsticks Posts: 283
I can't say that I would be a huge fan of them.. Maybe a few years ago but now they're expected. I don't need them because they wouldn't suit the room in Barberstown castle but it depends on the look that you're going for on the day. *)
Mrs Murray 2B Posts: 100
We were dead set against them until we saw our function room both with and without the covers. The covers made a huge a difference and we decided to go with them, however, it turns out now that our hotel is offering them as part of their wedding package, maybe ask your hotel, they might now be offering them too.
oliviak83 Posts: 360
I voted yes! I think they add that special touch to the room!! :o)ll
Starbar2010 Posts: 1261
They are not a necessity but they do make the room extra special and give the wow factor when people walk in. I'm going to make sure that our photographers gets pictures of the room before people enter so i can swoon at a later date :-8 We are having them becuase they are part of the package that we chose but not sure we could afford them if we had to get them