change of lead singer for the marvels?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Conormammy Posts: 404
Hi girls, I was onto them recently and they said they will soon have a lead singer change? From what I've heard the lead singer was fantastic, and I'd imagine it will be a real shame to loose him, they still are unwilling to reduce the price which is quite expensive imo.. anybody else have luck with a reduction. ?
sok2013 Posts: 55
My 1st cousin has booked them but was made well aware that Bernard would be taking over. She went to see the new line up a few months ago before booking and said they were as fantastic as ever, I don't know if they have started doing weddings yet with Bernard but I don't think there will be a drop in performance if I'm honest.. They are one of the most in demand bands in the country-I doubt you will get a reduction to be honest...
FaerieBride Posts: 182
[quote="Conormammy":35y2a4pp]Hi girls, I was onto them recently and they said they will soon have a lead singer change? From what I've heard the lead singer was fantastic, and I'd imagine it will be a real shame to loose him, they still are unwilling to reduce the price which is quite expensive imo.. anybody else have luck with a reduction. ?[/quote:35y2a4pp] We have them booked and at the time of booking we were told that too but we liked them so much we booked anyway... we went to see the new singer at a public showcase a few months back and he was great- I'd say he got a lot of coaching from the previous lead singer (now the band's manager I think) so when the standard is just as high I'd doubt you'll get a reduction.