Changing from hosp bottles to own ones

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

windycity Posts: 2241
Hi girls, looking for some opinions. We got a crate of the ready made up Aptimel bottles from the hosp upon leaving... to start us off. Today we started making up own bottles with the same Aptimel brand but one twin (the slow feeder) seems v unsettled. We have made the bottles by boiling kettle, letting it cool, putting into sterilised bottles and adding one scoop per 30MLs . room temp same as hospital bottles. Would this slight change cause a baby to be unsettled? Usually they go straight down after a feed. Everything else has been checked. Any ideas?
MrsAC Posts: 1190
Might be the teeth on the bottles you might need softer teeth for your bottles
windycity Posts: 2241
thanks for reply. We got the same latex teeths from Nuk and the Nuk bottles as the Nuk Latex ones were the ones we used on the little bottles in the hospital x
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
WC I had trouble when I changed from the premade formula to the powder. It's a slightly different consistency so baby might just be reacting to that. Keep trying him on it- eventually he'll get used to it. I ended up switching entirely to premade formula but realise that might not be an option with 2!!
MrsAC Posts: 1190
Would it possibly be that the hospital bottles milk are heavier and the formula ones arent as heavy snd filling baby up as much ?
gopro Posts: 1801
DD will take pre made at room temp but powder had to be slightly warm also I've a latex allergy n as a baby from day 1 I struggled to take bottles due to the latex teat might be worth tryin the silicone teat
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Premade formula is definitely different to the powdered made up yourself I'm sure your LO will need a bit of adjustment. Could you try half and half premade and powdered formula to help he/she get used to it?
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Sorry meant to add - most supermarkets sell cartons of ready made so it will save you running back to the hospital to buy a whole tray of them