Menu

Changing pill or pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lmc1978 Posts: 423
Hi there, Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but I'm wondering if someone can help me. I have 3 kids and we are not TTC but I recently switched pill brands. Had a bleed on 7th June (while still taking last packet of pill) and took a 7 day break before starting new pack. I didn't miss any pills and took them at the same time every day. I've 6 left to take in the first pack of this new pill. The problem is that I have been having pregnancy symptoms over the last week or two. Absolutely exhausted (more than usual!), sore and tingly boobs, some nausea/gagging etc. I've done a couple of tests and they are negative but I'm wondering if these are just symptoms of changing brand or if there is something more going on. I'm sure all will be revealed in a week or so but just wondering if anyone has any experience of this? Thanks in advance.
Smilinmaz Posts: 446
I'm pretty sure you are meant to run the packs together without a break when changing brand. I would say it's a small chance of it being positive but i would do a test if I were you.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I realised that a bit late after doing a bit of research. Whoops! :) Yeah I'd say chances are slim but the symptoms feel real. (Or maybe I'm imagining things) I'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess. Just so clueless about what my actual cycle is from being on the pill for so long. thanks Again.
Carroll87 Posts: 123
Oh my god i am in the same situation at the moment.. Have 3 kids & getting married in 10 months so could really not afford to be pregnant!! I changed from the mini pill back to combined pill 6 weeks ago but the last week or so I've been having pregnancy symptoms.. Feeling more tired than usual & was even falling asleep on the couch Friday night at 9 o clock which is not like me, feel really bloated too!!
That's mad Carroll! I'm the same. It's the tiredness that's making me wonder. I had to go to bed earlier this afternoon which I would never do. I'm not sure how I feel about what would happen either way....it has me thinking... Have you done a test yet?
Aw stop, I actually felt a bit panicked today thinking about it.. Really hoping it's only the heat that has me tired & I've just been eating way too much!! Lol! Haven't done a test, but I think I'll get one tomorrow!?
I have a few on standby but just gonna wait until I finish the packet before doing another. Fingers crossed you get the result you want x
Done a test today which was negative.... Much to my relief!! Must be just a combination of the change in hormones in our bodies that has us feeling crap :(
You must be so relieved. I'll let you know my outcome in a few days!