Changing stations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dootsay Posts: 958
Hi, Just wondering where everyone got their changing unit? I saw a lovely wooden one in a brochure that would fit in nicely here but I haven't seen that many in baby shops so far, only a dismal one or two. Just wondering where you're all looking for one. Thanks a million *)
jiggy_jo Posts: 1166
i got the cot top changer to match the nursery set we got in m&p for upstairs, and for downstairs we got an extra changing mat and one of the wicker baskets from dunnes to hold the bits and will just leave this on spare counter top space. we dont have space for an actual changer downstairs and wanted a chest of drawers for the nursery that would get lots of use for a few years. just my opinion :wv
bailey78 Posts: 394
I got the cosetto easipeasi one from smyths with a bath underneath also with storage I find it handy but some might find it to big for moving around especially when upstairs.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
We got ours in Smyths http://www.smyths.ie/COS-EASI-PEASI-CHA ... -prod.aspx
arib Posts: 499
This is a topic which is really flummoxing me. The nursery has built in shelves and wardrobe so I don't think I will need either a chest of drawers or a changing station. But I will obviously need something. Any ideas? I also have no clue what to change the baby on downstairs. Don't have enough work top space and don't fancy using the dining room table. I have room in the kitchen for something maybe a changing station. But again, I have plenty of storage already, I don't really need the changing station for that.
newly_wed Posts: 1039
We were thinking of getting a plastic lightweight changing unit on wheels for using downstairs - nothing fancy, just something we could easily move from the kitchen to the sitting room as we needed it. Has anyone seen anything like this?
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
We got the graco contour electra travel cot for downstairs and it has a baby changer on top of it. We ended up changing DD on the dining room table but I stop after a while and started doing all the changing upstairs. TBH it's much handier having everything upstairs, there's enough clutter downstairs with bibs, muslin sqs, highchair, cot, bouncer, activity station and the rest of it! Now that DD has started solids I'm really glad I change her upstairs - some of the smells can linger for a while.
newly_wed Posts: 1039
[quote="Rocket Queen":2xc1mpmw]Now that DD has started solids I'm really glad I change her upstairs - some of the smells can linger for a while.[/quote:2xc1mpmw] :o0 :o0 Good point!
mammybean Posts: 10364
I have the cossatto wooden one, got it from smyths. Really glad we did as the odd time when out we have to change him on a sofa or whatever it really hurts my back. At night i just change him on my bed, but when he goes into his room next month it will be moving up there too!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
We got the Stokke wooden one in Kealy's. Was expensive but we love it (and so does DS). It's the perfect height and very comfortable with loads of storage space. It will convert into a child's desk for when he's older (if we can find the instructions at that stage!)