changing table

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jeidi Posts: 3128
Hi All, I'm looking for a changing table for the babys room, the kind with drawers in it. I'd need it in a pine colour, to match the cot and the wardrobe (that I have eyt to buy) I can only find the ones in smyths and mothercare - they're great too, am gonna get one of these for downstairs. Also, any idea how much they cost? FIL is buying it for us.
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
Sorry I can't help Jeidi but I can tell you what we're doing? I got a regular chest of drawers that weren't too high and got one of the changing mats to put on top of it! H2b is going to fix the mat solid to the drawers so it can't slip off! We now have a lovely changing table with the drawers that we want and didn't cost the earth!
Sorry I can't help Jeidi but I can tell you what we're doing? I got a regular chest of drawers that weren't too high and got one of the changing mats to put on top of it! H2b is going to fix the mat solid to the drawers so it can't slip off! We now have a lovely changing table with the drawers that we want and didn't cost the earth!
Jeidi Posts: 3128
[quote="bride-2b":2kg6x59e]Sorry I can't help Jeidi but I can tell you what we're doing? I got a regular chest of drawers that weren't too high and got one of the changing mats to put on top of it! H2b is going to fix the mat solid to the drawers so it can't slip off! We now have a lovely changing table with the drawers that we want and didn't cost the earth![/quote:2kg6x59e] Oh thats a great idea, I never thought of that. A friend owns a furniture company and I'll get the wardrobe off him but I could get the drawers aswell!!
I'm hoping that h2b will do a tidy job fixing the mat so that we can use it as a regular chest of drawers when we don't need changing mat anymore! There's a lovely wardrobe / locker and headboard to match it so when we move into the house I hope to get these to decorate baby's room! It also meant that we got exactly what we wanted! Anything I saw in the shops was very plastic or very expensive!
leanbh1 Posts: 473
Jeidi thats what I'm doing too.M&P's do a changing mat with wooden frame thing that secures it to top of chest of drawers for I think €80.Much cheaper than whole unit.Hth :wv
short n sweet Posts: 1802
Jeidi my sis got me one in the local baby shop that has a baby bath in top drawer that can be taken out and turned back into a chest if drawers when needed - it cost €179 I think