Has anyone ever changed their wedding venue with less than 3 months to go? We are in a major dilemma and I think hand on heart changing is the right thing to do but was just wondering what people thought.
oh are you ok?
I know people who have actually booked their wedding venue in less time and it was all ok so I can't see why you couldn't change venue just as easy.
Best of luck whatever you decide
I haven't done this or intend to do it but if I wasn't 100% happy with the venue I would change, even at this stage with 2 months to go. There is time to change but you'll probably lose whatever deposits you have paid the first venue and will have to inform suppliers of the change. It is doable though.
Such a pity as it was really my ideal place and when we did the maths and DF saw what we could doa wedding there for his eyes were bleeding. Pity I could not get him to see the light in February
I am super organised and never thought 10 weeks before I would in this situation
I am OK but my mind is addled. There were so many tears when we booked the venue that I cannot believe we aree back here again.
We went to the venue on Monday and were very disappointed with it all and with everything that we want or need it would come close to "alot of money" for the day. We just don't think it is worth it. DF was never "gone" on the venue but we were desperate to book somewhere and now when we add up everything we just don't think that it is worth it especially when there are as beautiful and in DF's mind nicer places available for our date for "a lot less".
I have sort of seen myself there but maybe I should just bite the bullet and go OK let's go here and it will still be an amazing day. We could invite everyone we want - 190 people - have a beautiful day and a good chunk of money left over. I really want somewhere to stay with our families the night before but I don't think that is going to happen.
The no.1 place for me was Kilshane. There was a date available - DF refused to entertain Tipperary but now is happy to have it there but we will have to change our date which I don't think we can do now as my brother has booked flights from Oz and some friends from UK and Europe
oh Hurrah I'd say you poor brain is wrecked.
Would the new date be a huge difference as in if you family is travelling from far away surely they'd be staying a couple of weeks so would the new date be within this time?
I know this is going to sound a bit harsh but at the end of the day a room is just a room it's your friends and family that make the day so where ever you decide to get married make sure it suits you.
Of course they would delay to be there or come back but I don't think that is very fair on them. I am sure some friends would not come back again. I think changing venue and keeping the date would be the best option. There is one place that DF always loved and we could just go there and have it and I am sure it would be fantastic though i never ever liked the place. I feel like I am being pushed into it as it ends up being the wedding he wanted and not what I wanted but as you say does it really matter as long as those you love are there. It will be the family and friends who make our wedding not the room as such.
I am now not answering the phone from anyone as I just need time to think about things and work out in my mind what is best.
We won't loose money as such except the deposit but we will save a mountain so it would be worth it.
No my brother and his family are due to go back before the other venue is available
Could you get in touch with those that would be travelling and see if they have booked their flights yet and if so see how much it is to rebook them as I know when I was travelling from Oz it was only $20 to change my date.
Whatever venue you do decide upon - even if it is the one the OH wants, just make yourself love it and give up all negative feelings about it as otherwise you will have yourself miserable and this should be a happy time for you.
Hope it all works out for you
[quote="Hurrah":212ws690] I feel like I am being pushed into it as it ends up being the wedding he wanted and not what I wanted .[/quote:212ws690]
Is there no way ye could compromise as to be fair it is both your days not just yours and not his either - although I think I only said that to be pc as it's totally the brides day
Oh I and df knows it is my day
I honestly think changing the date is an awful lot of hassle- both for yourselves and for your guests...I think doing this might overshadow your day in some way as the date you named is the one you've been looking forward to..and to be honest as a guest it might be quite inconvenient...
As regards venue,I think you should go all out and see what other venues are available now- possibly in the vicinity of the original venue...if you get something then brilliant !-I would go for it...if not I have to say I would go with the original venue...after all as another poster said it really is the people who make your day...I think as brides we think it is so, so important- I think as a guest you remember the fun you had at the wedding...I know we want everything to be perfect...but perhaps if you try and be as positive as possible about it...
You booked the venue and have been happy up to this time so it must have something that appeals to you. I didn't really understand from your post what it was you don't like now about the venue-If there are problems there is enough time to sort them out before the wedding....or is it simply comparing it to other venues? Can you try and add things to your day that will improve how you feel about it... We booked the first venue we went to see because we liked it- I know there are other venues- probably nicer and possibly the same price if not cheaper- but I would drive myself insane if I dwelled on it!...so I've stopped looking at other places and just told myself we chose this venue because we liked it and I'm going to concentrate on other things...
Life is too short...if you hate the venue change it....if you don't find anywhere else...let it go...honestly good food, good music and good craic and it makes no difference where you are...!!!Good luck
Well we have changed the venue and are all set with new venue. Have lost the deposit of old venue but the cost savings is so high that it is worth it.
Just need to find church and get invitations printed everything else can stay the same which is great.