changing your name - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote:2z5b6vm3]yeah i've no real sentimental reasons for keeping my name as i haven't spoken to my dad in almost twelve years or so...so i suppose thats as good a reason as any to change it!! :D[/quote:2z5b6vm3] Oh right,good idea.Problem solved :wink:
Mrsd Posts: 111
I won't be taking his name for much the same reasons as Mrs05. H2B understands and is ok with it.
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
I won't be taking his name either. The way I look at it he's marrying me, not adopting me :wink:
lindy Posts: 1135
I cant wait to change mine ,i have 4 brothers so the family name is secure!
pluppy Posts: 3519
[quote:1fleindf]I won't be taking his name either. The way I look at it he's marrying me, not adopting me :wink:[/quote:1fleindf] PMSL :lol: Totally agree tho
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Yep, def keeping my own name. Working on trying to get HIM to take MY surname. Not having much luck though.... :(
Vic Titious Posts: 518
My husband was recently christened :lol: by friends my first name... he's now known as Mr. Susan (or [i:1aqbso9f]insert your first name here[/i:1aqbso9f]) Jaysus we thought it was hilarious - he wasn't so amused at first - but it's starting to stick now! :lol:
Mrs. Kidd Posts: 56
Definitely keeping my surname. Going to double barrell it though for legal stuff. Keeping my bank accounts in my maiden name. I'm staying Ms. XXX You can change it later if you want - no big deal, just paper work ! :wink:
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
I'l be keeping my surname, its foreign and theres only girls in my fanily so i want to keep it, h2b name doesnt really go with mine
Germany_07 Posts: 30
My cousin has a double barrelled name and when she got married she chose to keep her own name. Herself and her husband haven't decided what surname to give the children though (when they have them!). I suppose they'll have a lot of choices!