Charity Shops

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

over it Posts: 2779
Does anyone know of any charity shops or organisations in the South Dublin area that are accepting "stuff" at the moment. I've been to several shops and they have all declined my "stuff". They said that they have more than enough to keep them going for the moment. I have about 8 black bags of perfect clothes, handbags, shoes etc - a lot of which have never been worn and a lot of the clothes still have the tags on them. I dont want to throw this stuff in the bin but I dont have the space to keep it. Thanks
clucky Posts: 26471
the one in Templeogue village on behalf of cheeverstown house took my ''stuff'' last week
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Would you try St Vincent de Paul or one of the women's refuges? I know there is a refuge in Rathmines that used to be delighted to get clothes etc
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Bernardos in Clondalkin or Freds Fashion in Crumlin and Tallaght should take them. Also I only left out 3 huge bags this morning at my front door,do you ever get the stickers for clothes collections?
mammybean Posts: 10364
omg i get stupid bags and stickers through the doors every bloody day. i cat believe they turned it down
[quote:3so9kz44]the one in Templeogue village on behalf of cheeverstown house took my ''stuff'' last week[/quote:3so9kz44] No, Mrs's Green's in Templeogue turned me away yesterday - they now have a sign in their window saying no more donations needed! O:| [quote:3so9kz44]do you ever get the stickers for clothes collections?[/quote:3so9kz44] I heard a story about those before - apparently they sell the clothes at markets and the money doesn't go to charity! :eek
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="beanies girl":scrvmji1]omg i get stupid bags and stickers through the doors every bloody day. i cat believe they turned it down[/quote:scrvmji1] I think you misunderstood she called into the charity shops herself and they are full.The stickers/bags that come in the door go to orphanges and third world countries.
WonderWol Posts: 2927
Try Fred's Fashions they're always looking for donations or ring the Simon Community - they might take the clothes
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
[quote:2kdvnib1]I heard a story about those before - apparently they sell the clothes at markets and the money doesn't go to charity! [/quote:2kdvnib1] Yeah, I heard that too
[quote:3ccelx5c]The stickers/bags that come in the door go to orphanages and third world countries.[/quote:3ccelx5c] Dolly, there was a story on Joe Duffy or someone like that saying that those stickers/bags don’t go to third world countries at all. Apparently some of them sell the clothes you leave out at the markets! :eek That's the only reason I'd be reluctant to use them.