Charlie Haughey has died

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ms4eva Posts: 285
Kinda sad. He's suffered with Prostate Cancer for a number of years.
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
i think it's sad too. I know he was a chancer.. but he was a great character..
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Just got a text from my father to tell me that, I know he was corrupt but to be honest think all of the politicians are as bad as each other.
AVENGER Posts: 4595
Not at all sad considering the levels of deception he worked at. He basically screwed this country over royally. I think he got away lightly for all he did.
Ms4eva Posts: 285
Perhaps he did Rome07 but prostate cancer is sad whoever may have it
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
i think it is very sad... i do think he may have been a chancer however i also think he brought some good to the country......
BlushingB Posts: 1634
Good ridance to him. I know it's a sad way to go, but that aside, he screwed this country for everything he could get out of it. He could have been dragged up before tribunals for the next 20 years and we still wouldn't know half of what he got up to. The man never got punished for any of his corruption. It's a bloody disgrace. He was a nasty piece of work.
clucky Posts: 26471
anyway I agree with Blushing B - It is sad how he died but he cheated ths country while he ruled it. Minutes silence for Charles Hockey(used to hate the way the BBC called him that) Anyone know if he is gettigna full state funeral?
AVENGER Posts: 4595
Yep according to RTE the family have been offered and have accepted a state funeral. The last current political one was for Jack Lynch in 1999.
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
[quote:2oacn74c]anyway I agree with Blushing B - It is sad how he died but he cheated ths country while he ruled it. Minutes silence for Charles Hockey(used to hate the way the BBC called him that) Anyone know if he is gettigna full state funeral?[/quote:2oacn74c] i would say so lucky. think its up 2 family. imagine all that info will be on 9 oclock news...