cheap v expensive breast pumps?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lucyloo32 Posts: 957
ive all the plans in the world to breastfeed and express so that DH can feed babs and i can get a break occassionally. Was pricing electric breast pumps, huge differences between brands and shops. saw one very cheap in tesco about 50 euro, then saw some tommy tippy ones half price in mothercare but still 80 euro plus and then you have the porche versions that cost 180 plus... anyone expereince of a cheapish one that they could reccommend?
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Saw the Tommy Tippee one in Mothercare Limerick for €50 yesterday, maybe it varies from shop to shop?
lucyloo32 Posts: 957
lol you took the words from my mouth, i was just about to post the link of the one i found- to ask peoples opinions, this is y first babs so any feedback on the tommy tippee is greatly appreciated
I would have, and was very tempted to get it, but at 8 weeks I think it may be a bit early.
XcitedMum2b Posts: 165
The Tommie Tippie ones don't get very good reviews on amazon. Here's a link to some on amazon with lots of reviews :)
HappyMe Posts: 727
I got the medela mini electric one and would highly recommend it. If you are planning on doing a lot of expressing the swing version gets great reviews but is pricier - about 130 vs 70 when I got mine. I would hold off buyIng one until you see how bf goes though - generally you won't express got first few weeks so you have plenty of time to get one after the birth. Expressing in first few weeks can mess up your supply a bit .
PearlBaby Posts: 532
I got the Tommee Tippee one from mothercare for £50 - i have no personal experience yet but my sister found hers great.
[quote="HappyMe":1fezmq8s] I would hold off buyIng one until you see how bf goes though - generally you won't express got first few weeks so you have plenty of time to get one after the birth. Expressing in first few weeks can mess up your supply a bit .[/quote:1fezmq8s] That is brill to know, was on my mind in case the BF didn't work, that happened to my sis she was so disappointed. Great to know that I can wait to see how BF goes before paying out, thanks.
HappyMe Posts: 727
Definitely no rush I started expressing on both at 4 weeks and that's early.
jen2 Posts: 3106
I used the medela on mine. Found it brilliant. Had to hire the hospital type one ( the big double milking machine :-8 ) as last child was prem and such a bad feeder, I had to increase my supply. Hired it off medicare. But used it a lot. Would express after each of her feeds..