Cheese cake . .

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
This is a bit late in my pregnancy to be asking this, but can we eat cheese cake? I actually thought it was ok as the soft cheese used was Phillidelphia. Im asking because today I got the notion that i'd LOVE a malteeser cheese cake and was going to make it this weekend. It was only when i looked up the recipe that I see there is raw eggs in it (egg whites), now call me stupid, but ive never made cheesecake before and to be honest never really ate it as i didnt like it. I had shop bought toblerone cheesecake last weekend it was devine hence why i have a major pain in my Arse to make a malteeser one as im totally mad for malteesers at the moment. what do ye think girls ?
Going to be a mommy Posts: 30
I made a Toblerone one last week and didnt use any eggs, none in the receipe. Can you leave out the eggs?
[quote="Going to be a mommy":35gknqy0]I made a Toblerone one last week and didnt use any eggs, none in the receipe. Can you leave out the eggs?[/quote:35gknqy0] oh cool, can you post the receipe? can i substitute malteesers for toblerone ? Ive never made a cheese cake so i havnt a clue. I googled it and the only quam anyone had was the soft cheese not the egg white ? was it a baked cheese cake, stupid question but is a baked cheese cake not like a mirangue or something ?
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
hey chuck- if you do a search for Toblerone cheesecake you'll find it easy enough. I've made it a few times- no egg needed and it is TO DIE FOR!!!! Want some now! :o( :o(
Going to be a mommy Posts: 30
Yes here you go, its fabulous. For the filling: 275g/10oz Cream Cheese (Philadelphia - seeming it has to be full fat one!!!) 225g/8oz icing Sugar (I only put in 5 the last time and found this to be enough but thats your call) 300g Toblerone Crushed (hope you have a food processer - its easier) 570ml/1pt Cream 1-2 tbls Tia Maria or Baileys (optional - I never put this in) For the Base: 1 pkt choc digestive biscuits (I use plain as its a heavy enough receie already but either works, and cheap lidl/aldi ones are perfect for this) 2 oz hazelnuts (optional - I leave out) 4 oz butter/margarine Prepare the base by crushing the buscuits and nuts and mixing butter (no need to melt). Line the bottom of a springform metal cake tin with this mix and smooth out with a spoon and set in fridge for about 30 minutes. Blend in icing sugar into cream cheese until smooth and then mix in toblerone. Whip cream until fiarly stiff and fold into cheese mix, add baileys if required. Smooth the mixture onto the biscuit base and set in fridge for 2-3 hours (I usually leave it overnight). This will last for3-4 days once made but be careful of the date of the cream so it will be fresh. There you go, thats it. Only thing I say now is to make sure you will be having visitors to share this as otherwise this will add the weight of the baby to your hips but its fabulous!!!!!!! :wv
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Personally I prefer a non baked cheesecake (ie just use Philli, icing sugar, cream and other chocolately nice things). I know baked cheesecake are cooked through and shouldn't be an issue for us but I always think that I can taste the eggs.... like runny scrambed eggs and that was before I was pregnant (probably my imagination cos I'm not a great fan of eggs :o0 )
oh nyummy !!!! :o)ll :o)ll i presume i can make it malteesers easily enough, oh god i'm drooling now thinging about it, it's going to be soooo nice ! Delighted i can make it without the eggs! Dont worry going to be a mammy i'll polish off the whole thing if nobody calls, I "might" share it with my DH and 2 stepsons :o0 Thanks girlys
zoey Posts: 1574
Try making this one - it's dead easy to do and it's the nicest chessecake I've ever ever ever eaten!!!! No raw eggs and it's got plenty of clacium so it's good for your baby's bones!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll viewtopic.php?f=15&t=216828
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
Girls i made one yesterday as i'm planning on making one for christmas day and bringing it to my parents house for dessert, so wanted to do a practice one. Anyway, i went a little overboard: For the base i used digestives, some ginger nuts, and finely chopped almonds. Ontop of the base i put a layer of melted chocolate, then did an orange and crunchie(cadburys) filling! Decorated with chocolate stars and mini orange & lemon jellies :o)ll
poppylops Posts: 1363
mmmmm.... Starving for cheese cake now......