Cheesecake Recipie?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Monica Geller Posts: 161
Anyone have a good one? One thats not too hard, and probably strawberry. Its just as an extra dessert for a party, its not the main dessert so doesn't need to be fancy, just tasty! Thanks!
Her Indoors Posts: 133
Nigella does a lovely lime cheesecake. Nice and tangy. 200g digestives (or gingernut biscuits) and 50 g butter. Crush biscuits and combine with melted butter. Get the juice and rind from 4 limes (good tip to get juice out if they're not too juicy is to microwave for 10 or 15 secs). Whip together 200ml double cream with a can of condensed milk until it's thick. Combine with most of the lime juice and zest. Save some of the zest for decorating the top of the cake. Chill for a few hours and serve.
eihcar Posts: 96
Nigella express no bake cheescake- easy quick and yum! 125g digestive biscuits 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice 75g soft butter 250ml double cream 300g cream cheese 60g icing sugar Fruit Black Cherry Spread 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until beginning to turn to crumbs, then add the butter and whiz again to make the mixture clump. 2. Press this mixture into a 20cm springform tin; press a little up the sides to form a slight ridge. 3. Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth. 4. Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture. 5. Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight. we usually add chocolate on top when ready to serve a flake is good- easy to crumble over the top
Monica Geller Posts: 161
Thanks guys, they both sound great. I'll try them out during the week! :xxx
mrskelly Posts: 203
Here's how I do it, for a good size cheescake (with plenty of calories I'm sure!) I make the base with chocolate digestive biscuits (for extra flavour!) and butter. 2 blocks of vanilla ice-cream 2 jellies (in flavour of cheesecake you want, ie lemon, lime, strawberry, pineapple, etc) 1 philadelphia cheese Juice and rind of fruit (lemon, lime, strawberry or you can use tinned fruit, etc) Some cream and a cadburys flake to decorate! Put blocks of ice-cream in bowl and let them soften a bit, melt jelly, (DONT add water!) add to bowl, put in the philadelphia, juice and rind. Blitz until creamy and pour over biscuit base. Decorate if required and stick it in the fridge to set. Its yum!! Not heavy like the traditional cheesecake, Enjoy!!
ros09 Posts: 1923
its really sad but i always follow the recipe on the back of the philadelphia packs and i use gelatine instead of jelly as i like plain cheesecake, every1 loves it and its so simple
blissful2b Posts: 1555
same as ros there. use the recipe on the back of philadelphia and substitute strawberry jelly for the lemon. easy peasey and super tasty.
podgeandrodge Posts: 886
[quote="mrskelly":2lw3iada]Here's how I do it, for a good size cheescake (with plenty of calories I'm sure!) I make the base with chocolate digestive biscuits (for extra flavour!) and butter. 2 blocks of vanilla ice-cream 2 jellies (in flavour of cheesecake you want, ie lemon, lime, strawberry, pineapple, etc) 1 philadelphia cheese Juice and rind of fruit (lemon, lime, strawberry or you can use tinned fruit, etc) Some cream and a cadburys flake to decorate! silly questn but do you mean dont add the water to the jelly how are you supposed to melt it without the hot water. Put blocks of ice-cream in bowl and let them soften a bit, melt jelly, (DONT add water!) add to bowl, put in the philadelphia, juice and rind. Blitz until creamy and pour over biscuit base. Decorate if required and stick it in the fridge to set. Its yum!! Not heavy like the traditional cheesecake, Enjoy!![/quote:2lw3iada]
mrskelly Posts: 203
Nope!!! Put the cubes in a bowl and melt them either in the microwave or on the hob! Its the best cheesecake I've ever tasted!
podgeandrodge Posts: 886
def going to try it thanks a mil sounds yum