Chemical Hair Straightening

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dootsay Posts: 958
...anyone ever heard of this in Ireland? I know it can be done it the states, but thats a too far to go :-8 , was wondering if anyone has had this done in Dublin or anywhere else, how much it costs, does it take long? and can your hair be coloured at the time? I am getting so fed up with using the ghds and my hair is breaking a lot because of overusing the ghds. Any info would be great - cheers. Dootsay
Playful Posts: 638
All they do is put a perm lotion in and brush it through, i had it done years ago when i wanted a perm taken out.
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I know of somebody who gets this done in Dublin (don't know her very well) and she has never said how much it costs, only that it's a fair bit by the time she adds in train tickets etc. Her hair is very curly and even with the chemical straightening, her hairdresser friend has to call every week to blow dry it totally straight for her. It's as if the curl is relaxed but not completely straight. Last time I saw her, I thought her hair was in terrible condition and she had a few flyaway hairs at the front, frizzy bits etc. I felt she was just wasting her time fighting nature. I have curly hair myself so know how you feel and I always thought with this girl that she didn't get it cut often enough and maybe if she had experimented with layers etc she would have managed curly hair better. Maybe you should discuss it with your hairdresser first as if your hair isn't that curly, it might be more of a success.
WilmaFlintstone Posts: 1318
There used to be a hair dresser on Abbey Street that did - dont know the name unfortunately, but it was just at the crossroads between abbey and liffey streey (accross from the Abbey street entrance to Epicurean Food Hall) Someone else might know what it's called
Woodstock Posts: 1565
check out this post http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... highlight= I get it done in Italy, last time I looked in Ireland nobody did it.. I've been to the shop in Abbey Street one of the posters mentioned, and they sell straightening cream, but only to professionals so they won't let u buy it.. i also know a girl that travels to the north to get it done by a hairdresser... but it's quite dear..
Dootsay Posts: 958
Thanks for the replies - Woodstock do you know where in the north your friend travels to? I am up North quite often so it might be handy for me - thanks again
Woodstock Posts: 1565
[quote="Dootsay":2wy5g8ji]Thanks for the replies - Woodstock do you know where in the north your friend travels to? I am up North quite often so it might be handy for me - thanks again[/quote:2wy5g8ji] Dootsay, i've PMed you :wv