chemical pregnancy - how long to get another BFP?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sunspeckle Posts: 437
Hi, I had a chemical pregnancy this week. I'm coming to terms with things now, but it's been a tough week. Just looking for some inspo from anyone who has been though this and wanted to know how long it took you to get a BFP and was everything ok next time round? Thanks
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
Sorry to hear that sunspeckle, hope you're doing OK. No experience of a chemical, I had a miscarriage at 6+1 in April and ovulated around 10ish days after the miscarriage (know my body quite well not temp checking etc) and got pregnant again. I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and everything is going fine. I also have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. I was physically ready to try again but in all honesty not emotionally, luckily a nurse at my Gp recommended a charity to me that counsels post miscarriage and abortion (I live in London) and I am being counselled through the miscarriage. I still find it difficult at times and it's a month now to due date from miscarriage so I expect I will find that hard. It's sadly very common to miscarry, I hope you have someone you can talk to as that does help. All the best and hoping you have a healthy pregnancy when you're ready to try again.
Sunspeckle Posts: 437
thanks for your lovely reply Bluepolkadots and congrats on your pregnancy. I have a good support network, but its mostly a silent type of grief because a lot of people dont know and I'll keep it private. Sorry for your loss too.
Bundleofjoy2015? Posts: 6
Hi, had a Mc at 9+4 days during the summer and a chemical Mc at the end of Oct at 5 weeks. Have read that you should wait a couple of cycles after Mc...which I did...but read that after a chemical you don't need to medically wait...but emotionally... Well that's another story! It is tough!
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
The waiting is really about then having a LMP date so it's easier to date the new pregnancy. And it's just advice. But likely we are physically ready much longer before emotionally.
Eliza Do Posts: 4
Hi Sunspeckle / Girls, I'm so sorry for your loss and know exactly how you've been feeling. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks - I was 10 weeks and the baby was 10 weeks and just lost a heartbeat a day or two before the scan ( we had a fabulous heartbeat at 7.5 weeks so were completely shocked at the news ). That took it's toll both emotionally and physically - my hormones only returned to non pregnant state 10 weeks later. We decided to wait and take it easy ( although age was against us! ). Second time around, got pregnant straight away again but had a chemical pregnancy at just over 5 weeks. And the following month, ( when we decided that we'd leave it for another while ), I got pregnant again. I am currently 11 weeks - 2 fabulous scans but needless to say given the history, I won't allow myself out of the woods yet. My point is, if you're physically and emotionally ready ( allow yourself to grieve ), there's no reason why it won't and can't happen. Wishing you all the very best of luck in the world :)
Bundleofjoy2015? Posts: 6
So nice to hear good news Eliza do!! Good luck with your bump xx
katey Posts: 682
With my second child I got pregnant straight after a chemical pregnancy. With my third I got pregnant straight after a miscarriage. I wish you the very best of luck!!! X
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
With my second baba, I got pregnant straight away too. Miscarried in August, never had a period, got pregnant 9th of September and my 9 month old little lady is sitting down stairs now.
Gatica Posts: 131
Had a miscarriage around wk 7 in August. Were told by doctors to give it at least 1-2 months to recover. We tried again and got pregnant on the 3rd month. Big relief that everything's still working! :-8 It's around same period at the moment so I'm holding my breath til I at least get to week 9. I think I'll feel a lot more confident of its viability then. I am feeling positive though because last time I felt great the whole time, no morning sickness, and only slight breast tenderness. This time I'm feeling more nauseous, hate certain smells and foods, find myself needing afternoon naps and my boobs wake me in the night cos they feel like they're expanding from the inside out. *ouch* What's the earliest you can get a scan as a public patient? I always thought people wait til end of first trimester before sharing the news (i.e. week 12), but I also thought that it's usually done after the first scan. However, I've read that the hospital won't do a scan til week 16, is that right? Do I have to wait that long? I can't wait to tell people so I can stop hiding my non-drinking and morning sickness.