Chest Infection

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cutey Pie Posts: 419
Hi Ladies, hope you are all well. Im in bits with a chest infection, was awake all night and im hanging together here in work. Does anybody know of anything that i can take - i usually get a strong anti biotic and it takes about 4 days to clear up ( I always seem to get these) Now im freaking out that im going to have this for so much longer cuase im not on Anti B - I had a cup of hot water with a spoonful of honey in it this morning but i dont think thats gonna help shift the phelgm. Any suggestions are welcome :thnk
sunnyside Posts: 3164
Could you go home from work? you really should be at home resting. Especially if you can't take any antibiotics. go home, get some warm drinks and rest for the day. If it doesn't shift you should go to the doctor. There might be something they can give you. Hope you feel better soon. :wv
Cutey Pie Posts: 419
Thanks for that Sunnyside - im gonna ring my boss in a while and tell her i have to go home, im in bits here. Need to get back to bed ASAP :lvs
Cinzia Posts: 737
Hi Cutey Pie. I feel for you - I've had a chest infection for the last 3 1/2 weeks. I didn't want to take anything but it just wasn't getting better so I went to doc on Monday and was prescribed augmentin. She said that I was doing more harm than good at this stage by not taking an antibiotic and that they were perfectly safe. I started to take them after doing tonnes of internet research first though! :o0 Today is the first day in nearly 4 weeks that I feel some bit normal (I'll get over the m/s once I can get rid of the chest infection!). So my advice is to go to the doc!
Mrs Magoo Posts: 475
Hi Cutie Pie You poor thing, keep taking hot fluids and I think vicks vapour rub is ok during pregnancy. Hope you are feeling better soon.
happyfeet Posts: 1316
Aw you poor thing! I suffered from a bad chest infection a few weeks back! Complete nightmare! Really didnt want to take anything - so i just had some paracetamol and used honey and some lemon mixd in hot water. Took 2 weeks to clear but it did and i was never soo glad!!!! x