Chicken Pox Worry

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nelswife Posts: 3869
Also posted in Health and fitness and Old faithful Hi girls i don't know if i am over reacting but wedding is in 24 days....a woman in work's son has the chicken pox.. i have had chicken pox already and so has she, could she still be a carrier and pass infection onto me, and could i end up getting shingles?... She did some backround info cause she is really worried for me and she found out i can get a vaccine, but afraid to do this incase i get sick, like when you get the flu injection you normally get a mninor flu... Does anyone know if i can get it?..not sure if i am imagining it or not but feel all itichy and scratchy!! Thanks in advance x :thnk
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Ah you poor thing. :action32 I wonder is the stress of if you have it or not, the reason for all the itching? To put your mind at rest, give your GP a call and see what they say. I'd prefer to hear it from a professional, rather than read it from the internet.
Going to try ring GP and see what he says
Just spoke to the VHI Nurse and she said i would be fine, that because i have had chicken pox before i am immine and cant get it..phew!!! thanks :thnk :thnk
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Ah brilliant! :o)ll 1, 2, 3.......and breathe! :)