Chief Bridesmaid - Need Advice!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aoife20 Posts: 33
Hi everyone!! Looking for your advice!! Getting married next year and I've asked my two sisters to be bridesmaids. I just don't know who to ask to be chief bridesmaid/moh without offending the other. One sister is older and the other is younger than me, and I'm equally close to both of them. The problem is I was cbm for my older sis who's married about 6yrs now and I'm also godmother to her eldest. While my younger sis was also bm for my older sis, she wasn't cbm/moh. My dilema is that if I ask my older sis to be cbm, then my younger sis will never have the opportunity to be cbm (as there is only the 3 of us). If I ask my younger sis then my older sis will be able to be cbm at my younger sister's wedding iykwim, and then we'll all have had the chance to be cbm at some point. Hope your keeping up :o0 I'm probably making too much of an issue out of this but I just don't want to upset or offend anyone. Would be really grateful for any advice!!! What do I do???
mummyofone Posts: 130
I wish I had thought of this more before I picked mine. Not saying I would have changed anything but remember the CBM organises the hen, helps you out and gives opinions on dress, shoes etc.... so maybe do a little trial. Do not make a decision til nearer the time. Go dress shopping and sus out who is more enthusiastic... only a thought.
Cudsxxx Posts: 208
I think that you have to pick one of them and you have a very reasonable reason for choosing the younger sis. She'll be chuffed because she's prob expect you to go your elder sister. It's really nice of you have put so much thought into it all.
hopeful13 Posts: 501
i had to make this decision last week cos we had our appointment for state registration and you have to give the names and dates of birth for the witnesses. I couldn't decide between my older sister and my younger one so i asked them to decide between themselves ....... useless, they both came back to me and said they didn't mind who did it so in the end i went with seniority and picked the older one.
i had to make this decision last week cos we had our appointment for state registration and you have to give the names and dates of birth for the witnesses. I couldn't decide between my older sister and my younger one so i asked them to decide between themselves ....... useless, they both came back to me and said they didn't mind who did it so in the end i went with seniority and picked the older one.
ela28 Posts: 2552
hi there I was a similar situation,one younger sister one older just the 3 of us,my younger sister was cbm at my older sisters wedding,I have picked my older sister to be mine and I think maybe my younger sister will pick me when she gets married,I chose my older sister based on the fact that I would like us all to have been cbm for each other,nobody to have been left out,so imo if I were you I would pick your younger sis once you know she would be fairly responsible etc hth :wv
Elban26 Posts: 2458
I think the way you are proposing doing it sounds good, at least then you will all get a chance to be CM/MOH, that is if your younger sis chooses older sis to be MOH when her time comes... :wv
MrsEL10 Posts: 910
Maybe you could sit down with both of them and tell them what you are thinking..I'm sure your older sister would understand if you put it like that.. I only have one sister so it's easy for me..
KayeG Posts: 152
Hi, think your idea to ask your younger sister so that each of you have your turn at CBM is good and very fair. To be honest I had 2 BM and both were very enthusiastic and while I knew one had to have a senior role I really didnt want to make any differences between them. Both organised my hen, came to help choose dress etc so when it came to the decision to choose who would sign the register, walk up the aisle first, I left it up to them. So not wanting to offend either, they both played scissor, paper, stone and that was how we chose! Kind of jovial I know, but it worked and gave us a laugh!