Child's haircut - devastated!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cinzia Posts: 737
Ok, in the grand scheme of things, this is not a problem at all but just had to let it out cos DH won't listen to me anymore! :o0 DH brought DS (2) to the hairdressers on Saturday - one that we've brought him to before and where the young girl did a great job. So we wanted the same - a trim! DS has the most beautiful blond curly hair - everybody admired it wherever we went. Anyway, on Saturday, the older woman in the salon cut DS's hair. DH told her to take very little off. Did she listen??? No!! The poor child is scalped and to add to that it is a really horrible cut. I came in half way through the cut as I was getting my own hair done next door and I was nearly overcome with tears but at that stage she had to keep going as she had already made such a mess. So, all his curls are gone and his hair is now a dark shade of blonde. Every time I look at him I want to cry! :-8 This is a really stupid post, I know. If I saw somebody else writing it I'd probably be a bit annoyed because when you think of all the things that could happen that are 100% more serious... I keep thinking of kids with cancer who lose their hair :-8 .... maybe just writing this will help me get over it all!
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Ah god you poor thing. Honestly rant away, and I hope you feel better for it. I know it mightnt be any comfort for you now but you know those gorgeous curls will be back in no time at all and not to use that woman again. What an eejit.. like what was she thinking??? O:| I hope she knew you wernt happy with the cut anyway. You'll get use to the new cut and in no time at all it'll grow long enough to start curling and taking a lovely shape :lvs
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
A friend of mine collected her son from montessori, only to find one of the girls in the place had decided to take it upon herself to cut the little fellas hair. Like your son, he had the most gorgeous fair curls - but now they're gone for good! My friend was too stunned and upset to say anything at the time, it was on a Friday and they were going on holidays that weekend, but she spoke to the girl when she got back. The girl was just as upset as my friend, she actually thought it was okay to cut the childs hair....eh WTF!! :ooh My friend told her, quite calmly, that under no circumstances was anyone in the montessori, to touch her childs hair again, only she was allowed to cut it. The freaky thing was, that she was telling two of her friends about it........they too had had thier childrens hair cut - that week too, without thier consent! I asked her by any chance were these girls doing a hairdressing course on the side, and needed practise! Anyone I told about the incident were also stunned - one person went a bit ott in my mind, they said they'd call that a form of child abuse!
Cinzia Posts: 737
Oh My God, noodlehead! I'd be up for murder!! :ooh I can't believe that!!! What in god's name possessed the girl in the Montessori to cut his hair???? I'd be soooooo mad!!! It's bad enough that I willingly brought my child to get his hair cut but to know nothing about it until you turned up to collect him!! Wow! I hope she took it up with the management....
[quote="Cinzia":1lb4fus6]Wow! I hope she took it up with the management....[/quote:1lb4fus6] She did, thankfully. She's quite a calm person/doesn't show any "weakness" for some reason, so she explained to the manager about her "displeasure" (I told ya, doesn't show emotion). The manageress was gobsmacked - and rightly so, she was apologising profusely (I'd love to know what she said to the girl!) This montessori is very exclusive, so you'd think the staff would know what they can and cannot do.......I'd be screaming like a banshee - I do show emotion, maybe too much at times! :o0 :o0
andylee Posts: 213
WTF?! I am actually stunned at this. That is a mental thing to do. Why the flip would a child minder cut a childs hair. I know you think your friend was overboard calling it a form of child abuse noodlehead but if it was my little fella i would have either rang the guards or battered the girl. child care does not include cutting hair the crazy b itch, i am genuinely horrified
gottabfp Posts: 5641
[quote="Noodlehead":1x1kqhmu]A friend of mine collected her son from montessori, only to find one of the girls in the place had decided to take it upon herself to cut the little fellas hair. Like your son, he had the most gorgeous fair curls - but now they're gone for good! My friend was too stunned and upset to say anything at the time, it was on a Friday and they were going on holidays that weekend, but she spoke to the girl when she got back. The girl was just as upset as my friend, she actually thought it was okay to cut the childs hair....eh WTF!! :ooh My friend told her, quite calmly, that under no circumstances was anyone in the montessori, to touch her childs hair again, only she was allowed to cut it. The freaky thing was, that she was telling two of her friends about it........they too had had thier childrens hair cut - that week too, without thier consent! I asked her by any chance were these girls doing a hairdressing course on the side, and needed practise! Anyone I told about the incident were also stunned - one person went a bit ott in my mind, they said they'd call that a form of child abuse![/quote:1x1kqhmu] Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im totally shocked my this. My worst nightmare is another child cutting the others hair at cutting time. I would never in a million years cut a childs hair. I wouldnt even cut their nails, HOW DARE THEY!
WorldsGreatestMum Posts: 249
You leave your child to someone to mind them and keep them safe and they operate scissors around them?? That montessori should be closed down. What if the scissors had slipped or she'd been distracted by any of the other children around. Unbelievable.
soulful Posts: 1697
Oh my God that is unbelieveable, how stupid are some people. Who the hell do these people think they are???????????????? I can completely understand how upset you were I had a lump in my throat reading it but his curls will grow back. I hope you told her how upset and disgusted you are. >:o)
[quote="astrogirl":1mkzf6fh]but his curls will grow back. I hope you told her how upset and disgusted you are. >:o)[/quote:1mkzf6fh] This is one of the reasons why my friend was so upset. The child had gorgeous baby curls iykwim, and now they are a distant memory. My friend now cuts her childs hair and tbh, it's awful - it one great big pudding bowl style cut!! :duh: The poor child!