Menu

Childbirth advice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chilledout Posts: 834
I just found this posted on magicmum.ie and thought I'd share it with the WOLers too as I thought it was really good! [quote:3q79avqv]Things I've learned and will try to remember in labour... Do not tense. The more I relax, the easier it is. If you keep your jaw loose..."down there" will go loose too. Millions of women a lot stupider and more inept than you have done this perfectly well all on their own and the human race hasn't failed yet. Females are DESIGNED to give birth. Have faith in the midwives - they've seen it all before. Have faith in the obstetricians - they'll make the right call. Have faith in yourself - you CAN do this. It's okay not to want pain relief. It's okay to say that you do. It's okay to screw up the birthplan. Babies don't read birthplans. Each and every contraction is one step closer to seeing your baby. Gravity is your friend. Use it. Be not Afraid. And remember what Christopher Robin told Winnie the Pooh- "You're braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. And smarter than you think." [/quote:3q79avqv]
lamb nose Posts: 679
That's really nice! It is true about the relaxing though but I know when the 26th of Feb rolls round I'll be far from relaxed! If it was so bad no one would ever want to do it ever again. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.