Childbirth Documentary on BBC3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

baby-bel Posts: 929
Hey, Saw this on telly last nignt, its a documentary about childbirth called "Dawn gets a baby", did anyone see it? If not its on BBC3 at various times over the next few days (on late though) see link below for details . Im not PG yet but am TTC Basically heres a description of the program BBC3 :- Journalist Dawn Porter goes in search of the truth about childbirth. Like many young women, Dawn terrified by the prospect of childbirth. As well as from the pain, she worries that her body will be damaged beyond repair and the prospect that sex will never be the same again. Finding her friends unwilling to spill the beans about what it's really like to give birth, she seeks out a first-time mum who will let her witness a birth firsthand.
MeWimmysBaby Posts: 456
Yeah I saw it. The majority of it was fine but there was one video at the start that scared the crap out of me and I was regreting watching the program at all for a bit after that but it did get better and I thought the two women they showed giving birth were great. I cried when that last baby was born. In some ways, I think it's good to have an idea about what labour is like but I think showing that video was a bit much and NO ONE needs to see that.
baby-bel Posts: 929
hey ya agreed there was that one part while she was watching that video which was awful but the rest wasnt too bad I suppose and I def think its better to be prepared!
oirish Posts: 1541
would love to record it tonight but can't find BBC3 !! Anyone know where it is on Sky Digital ?
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
I did the hypnobirthing course and the best piece of advice I got was turn off the baby shows. Honestly I was feaking myself out watching people in pain and then the baby would not be beathing and I would be freaking out about that. It is going to happen it is going to end it will be fine.(Fingers crossed)