Childminders verus Creches

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SoExcited Posts: 204
Me again! Looking into the whole childminding versus creches thing at the moment. Just wanted to hear from moms who use either or and which they'd recommend? Thanks a mill, SoExcited.
grumpy Posts: 1280
I used a child minder. Actually, dd is only now after "giving up" the child-minder full-time recently, had been with her for 12 years! I found her fantastic. She was never once out sick, she always tried to cover herself if she needed to take time off, would take dd for extra time if I needed her to, took dd to playshcool, collected her from school until she was old enough to walk home alone. She didn't do the helping with homework bit, but that didn't really bother me too much as at least I could monitor it myself that way. DD loved it there too, as there was always other kids being looked after which meant company for her. And the house was always full as both the minder and her husband had huge families, and there was always about 5 adults and 7 kids milling around!
SoExcited Posts: 204
Thanks grumpy, its great to get a point of view from someone who has used a childminder, and she sounds so lovely too. Food for thought. Thanks again.