Children's wedding activity packs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ErinEvans76 Posts: 33
Hi All, We're getting married this Sep and one thing on our list was to either buy or put together some children's activity packs for the day. There's only 4 children coming- all under 7. Can anyone recommend where we can buy pre made packs or any advice on what to put in these? Thanks
lorrimar Posts: 837
Alot of the favour shops do them. do lovely ones - you can get wedding activity packs and general ones
Jenron Posts: 259
I made my own packs for the 5 children at our wedding. All in all I think they came to less than €10 each but you could definitely do them cheaper. I got some nice gift bags and filled them with: - Loom bands - Small jigsaw (from pennys) - Small colouring book - Stickers - Pencils & Crayons (avoid markers as they will stain clothes and table cloths) - I made up wedding themed puzzle books with design I got from the internet. I just search wedding puzzles and got a lots of results. The kids loved these!! Hope this helps!
craftyPB Posts: 2625
I've done one for our FG who will be three... I have handmade Disney princess finger puppets Colour in your own jigsaw A chalkboard Crayons and a blank card and envelope with a label that says, colour in a card for the bride and groom Bubbles An activity/colouring book (wedding themed) that I downloaded and printed off, also added in some other non wedding related colouring pages of characters I know she likes (Winnie the pooh, doc mc stuffins etc)
poppingcandy Posts: 593
I bought mine on eBay off vintage*snob. She had the best value and nicest kiddy packs I could find and she personalises each bag. I ordered them and also added in a few extra bits, like some sweets and I gave each one a wedding camera and a game if 'I spy with my camera' with a list if photos the kids should get on the day, I.e Bride and groom kissing, and Aunt silly dancing, me having fun... They went down a storm and kept the kids entertained for hours especially the cameras.
eleoc42 Posts: 199
We're doing the disposable cameras with a treasure hunt type list for our nieces and nephews, who are aged between 6 and 9. Having great fun making up the list . . Picture of the bride dancing, picture of the best man falling over etc. . . you can make them as outrageous or as easy as you like. We are making each list different so they are not annoying the same people all evening! I hope they'll get some gems of pictures!