Menu

Chiropractor & pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Girls, do any of you know if I can go to a chiropractor while pregnant. I did something to my back last week and it's really really bad today. The pain doesn't start in my back is starts in my lower back, almost my bum but it's shooting down my leg and I can barely walk. :o( I don't mind the pain, so for the time being anyway i can live without painkillers. I'm just worried in case I've done some serious damage. Both my parents have bad backs and I've seen how much they suffer so I don't want it to get that bad. Thanks :thnk
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Oh my god this was me last week I was in agony from pulling a plant O:| I got a fellas number(chiropractor) and contacted him but thankfully it healed or clicked itself back into where it popped out from....I think they are safe as long as they are professional...take care hun I know how awful it feels xx
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Ah thanks Dolly. It comes and goes so I'll see how it is this week and then decide. I'm a crock these last few weeks. I have an endless supply of ailments, god love DH I really don't know how he puts up with me. :o( Everyday there's a new complaint for him to hear about.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Eh.....me too. This week its my cough and headaches Last week it was my back and nausea THe week before it was a head cold The week before that it was severe wind and bloatedness God love them :o0 :o0 sure we are worth it :o0 :o0
july7812 Posts: 1787
Hi girls, Just to let you know its no problem to go to a chiropractor during pregnancy at all - was seeing one on my last pregnancy up to 28 wks and found it great. I think your back takes a huge amount of strain during pregnancy so if they can help and ease your discomfort I'd go like a shot. Hope it eases off for you.
mrsd06 Posts: 52
I went to one when I was 22 weeks. Was in agony. The pain was practically on my bum also. Only had two sessions and it worked perfectly. Would definitely recommend going to talk to one anyhow. When I described the pain and where it was he knew straight away.