Chivari Chairs.. Are they comfortable?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsM2016 Posts: 16
Hi guys, My venue is offering chivari chairs as part of our package, which at first I was delighted with. We went to look at the venue during the week and both my Mam and sister commented on how they thought the chairs were quite uncomfortable. Just looking to hear about people's experiences as I've never attended a wedding that had them. If guests sit on them for a few hours throughout the meal, do you think they're comfortable enough? Many thanks in advance! xx
craftyPB Posts: 2625
We found them very comfortable at our wedding. We brought a cushion for my nana as she's quite old, but she'd have a cushion behind her back even sitting on the sofa! My dad would have quite a bad back, so was worried about his comfort, but he said the were perfect! While they do look like they might be uncomfortable, they're not. Don't worry! They look fab, don't they?!
MrsM2016 Posts: 16
[quote="craftyPB":35cn4jua]We found them very comfortable at our wedding. We brought a cushion for my nana as she's quite old, but she'd have a cushion behind her back even sitting on the sofa! My dad would have quite a bad back, so was worried about his comfort, but he said the were perfect! While they do look like they might be uncomfortable, they're not. Don't worry! They look fab, don't they?![/quote:35cn4jua] Thanks so much! They do look so fab and really add the the feel of the room! And do you think the chivari chairs would be comfy enough for people of a larger size?
I don't see why not.
ThatGeekBride Posts: 122
Yep they are very uncomfortable! I was at a wedding-like function (christening with full meal and speaches etc.) and excuse my language but my arse was killing me by the end of the meal. I mentioned it to a few at the table that I was uncomfortable and they all agreed saying they felt the same way. It is totally up to you but in my experience they are not worth it!
Did they not have a seat cushion? It's usually the bone-y looking back that people think are going to be uncomfortable, the seat part is like any ordinary chair (well, ours were!)
PrincessD Posts: 27
I also think they are uncomfortable and not sturdy at all. I think they look great but when I tried the ones at our venue which would be considered good quality, they were creeky and you just don't sit back into them as much. A wedding i was at had them and people had put maybe a jacket or handbag across the back of their chairs and when they got up the chairs toppled over. I'm not a fan of chair covers either so luckily our venue has gold chairs we could use as is. However it is your wedding and you should choose whatever you want! i think we all tend to think too much about others rather than what we want so go for it if you want them and it will be fab either way!
Noisin Posts: 448
They look fabulous when you walk into the room, but there not uncomfortable, summer just gone was at 3 weddings with them and everyone at the table agreed that they were not supportive and so not comfy. I doubt there the most expensive chairs to buy. I personally think chair covers make a room look very dressy I love them in a function room. But each to their own, do what suits you.
SunshineLove Posts: 92
I found them fabulous for photos but flimsy and uncomfortable for actual sitting. I got reeeeeeally attached to them since some of the photos in my venue's ads had them in the pictures. I started to imagine my wedding with those chairs. I was warned that brides can get distracted and obsess about details - these chairs became my obsession! I am soooo glad I talked myself out of it. I saved 100s of dollars and my guests were comfortable. And, you know what?! The chairs that were free with the packages ended up looking amazing in the photos. I am not sure, though, if I would have been happy if the chairs were some other kind. Here is a photo of the chairs we ended up having instead of paying extra for chivari chairs so you can see what I mean (we could have had them covered in our choice of linens for free as part of the package, but we thought they looked fine this way)[attachment=0:1dil2xmq]Wedding reception chairs 2.jpg[/attachment:1dil2xmq]