Chop my leg off, just chop the fcuking thing off now!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PussyGalore Posts: 3388
In October I broke my ankle really badly, smashed up all the bones and had emergency surgery to insert a plate and 6 screws. Because of the snow I was housebound for three weeks after I got my cast off wihch was really frustrating. Eventually got some physio and started walking/limping with just the one crutch and began wearing my ordinary (non-Ugg) boots, I felt like I was finally getting somewhere. Then three weeks ago when the swelling subsided I noticed a tiny sharp point on the bone, thought it was normal but the screw seemed to be getting more prominent. Last week it started to hurt really badly, rubbing against my leather boots and when I'd walk it felt like the metalwork was sawing or burning its way through the ligaments in my foot. Hurt. So. Much. Went to see the surgeon today and he's taking the screw out of my foot. Next Monday. Which is .... Valentine's Day. And .. my birthday so I will spend my 37th birthday a slobbering and drooling mess under anaesthetic :weep I'm happy to be getting it out but I'm sorry for myself that it has to be on my birthday :-8 Thanks for reading, sorry it's so long ...
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Awww shumbles ... big hugs. It will all be over and you can celebrate your birthday/valentines day next weekend. Hope you feel better soon hun :xxx :xxx :xxx
Thanks lolabelle, it's nothing in the big scheme of things but I'm just peed off about it. I'll live!
Jawl Posts: 8881
Oh no Shumbles, good luck with girl and hope your ankle is much better after its done. I know a friend who broke her leg and them removing the pins was the best thing she did. Mr. Jawl shattered his knee cap in November, he was discharged yesterday from clinic. But they've warned him about this. I hope he be okay. And good luck for Monday.
Thanks Jawl, I remember when Mr Jawl had his accident. Hope he's making a full recovery and that you and I will be twirling around the dancefloor like pros on our wedding days :o0
CroB2B2011 Posts: 399
Ah shumbles. Hopefully taking the screw out will be a whole new start for a whole new year for you, and at least it won't be hanging over you for too long. I don't blame you for being completely p1ssed that it's on your birthday though :action32
Twirl Posts: 5598
Ah you poor thing :action32 at least the pain will be gone and your ankle will be on its way properly to full recovering.
Sprocket Posts: 1671
You poor lamb. Hope you feel better soon. :thnk
Thanks again girls, I'm feeling much better about it this morning. I'm a bit relieved that it's going to be taken out and sure, I'm not a kid, I have plenty more birthdays to be pampered on!! No more moaning I promise :-8
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Ah you poor thing :action32 :action32